In My Neighborhood in 33324>Question Details

Jenifer, Other/Just Looking in Miami, FL

Do ppl really live in fear at night due to high crime?

Asked by Jenifer, Miami, FL Fri Sep 7, 2012

Answers

8
It is a fact that criminals do not (in most cases) live in the areas they commit their crimes.....there is crime everywhere, some crimes (many times) of opportunity....some area may have less crimes than other areas...A Gated community can address some of your concerns..
Hi Jenifer,

I personally have lived in Davie for over 15 years. I have just as much comfort and safety today as I did then. My daughter grew up here and went to school here. I have sold homes here in every part of Davie. I love it and it is truly the " slowest" changing place in south Florida. People are nice here. We have a very mixed group of ethnic people, a wonderful melting pot. Yes it has it's share of crime, but I have never been affraid to walk out at night.

Thank you for your question.

Louisa M. Wright

561-654-8708

Realtor @ Ron Rosen Group
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
He Jennifer there are plenty of gated communities within the plantation/davie area. I am a resident of Western Broward and I know the area very well. I have lived in this area for over 15 yrs What is your price range? I would be more than happy to email you some of the homes within the area that are located in gated communities.

Tamika Moses
Keller Williams Realty Partners SW
954-404-4646
tmrealtor@yahoo.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
Hi Jenifer,

There are gated communities in Plantation and surrounding cities. Please contact me with your criteria and I would be glad to send you information about houses,communities, and neighborhoods.

Pennie Arneson
The Keyes Company
10091 NW 1st Ct
Plantation, FL 33324
954-439-2913
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
Thanks, everyone. I was going by this property crime map listed. It was highlighted all RED in certain areas vs green in others. Would it just be a certain community in Plantation? Are there gated neighborhoods one should lean towards?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
I would suggest you call the police department for crime statistics on the area you want to live in. I would also suggest you drive around the area at different times to get a feel for it. My office is located in 33324 and I have never been fearful. Feel free to stop by anytime!

Pennie Arneson
The Keyes Company
10091 NW 1st Ct
Plantation, FL 33324
954-439-2913
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
Davie is not a high crime area. Having lived here for the past 30 years, I can only answer for myself. I have never lived in fear at night in this town. Take a drive up and look around. Feel free to call me with any questions about Davie, Southwest Ranches, Plantation, Cooper City and Weston.

Mike Wietor, Senior Broker
Country Squire, Inc. Realtors
Davie, Florida
954-434-4444
Mike@TheLandPro.com
http://www.LauderdaleHomesAndLand.com
Hi Jennifer,
Exactly what are you seeking due to highcrime?

There is crime all over and you can pull up crime statistics at your local police department to see exactly what is going on in your neighborhood. Everyone no matter where they live should always be aware of their surroundings, and their neighborhood. If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me.

Tamika Moses
Keller Williams Realty Partners SW
tmrealtor@yahoo.com
954-404-4646