Cofey, Renter in Rochester, NY

Do I need a reason to evict a sub-tenant other that the fact that my partner is moving in? Or does it have to do more so with a proper notice?

Asked by Cofey, Rochester, NY Wed Jan 25, 2012

Answers

4
Consult an attorney of course, but ive dealt with similar situations and tons of evictions and I can tell you right now from experience you will need to go through an eviction process to remove anyone who lives in the house even if they arent on a formal lease, unless you can just ask them to leave and return any deposit but legally if they dont want to leave thats what you will need to do. If you need an attorney my eviction attorney is great I can refer you.
Cofey,
Sounds like you need to consult a local real estate lawyer, there are many factors to consider.
It may be in your best interest to consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate, before considering eviction....
It sounds like a question for an attorney; are they on a lease etc.