In My Neighborhood in 92679>Question Details

jeromepeters…, Home Buyer in Coto de Caza, CA

Considering moving from Irvine to Coto de Caza, Ca is it worth the move?

Asked by jeromepetersondds, Coto de Caza, CA Mon Jan 16, 2012

Answers

16
There are some great deals in Coto at this time
Hello

Irvine is a great city and Coto De Caza is a great city What is the reason you want to move from Irvine to Coto? This maybe a good decision for you Would want ro talk withyou about your reasons and what is available on the market and if you are selling your place or leasing

Ingrid Ski Realtoe
939-874-0432
OCAreaHomes@gmail.com
It depends on what the reason for your move is. Coto is a wonderful community, especially for those that love outdoor activities. Horseback riding, hiking trails, golf courses, tennis, clubhouse, swimming pools and on and on! Irvine has a more city-like feel. It is really all about you and your preferences. There are some amazing buys in Coto right now. Much more so than Irvine.

Feel free to call me.
Nancy McCracken
Century 21 Award
dre 01743169
949-456-5308
As many have already mentioned, the real estate market in Coto has so many great deals right now. It's a great time to invest in real estate in this area. Presuming that by now you have spent some time in Coto, I hope it has brought you closer to making a decision ~ Irvine or Coto? The areas are different in amenities and lifestyle but both are excellent choices with great quality of life. It really does come down to your personal preference. Either way, your choice will be a good one!
Hi Jerome!

Coto is a beautiful place and so is Irvine. Only you can decide if Coto is the right move. With the help from the right Realtor this decision may not be that hard to make. Feel free to contact me anytime if you have more detailed questions about making this move.

Michael Knutson
866-576-7245
Are you kidding? Coto de Caza is the most desireable place to be In Orange County. (unless you prefer the beach) And the prices are the lowest now than they ever will be there. You can get a great deal. I can show you some homes there so you can get a feel for the area. It would be hard to drive around on your own because it is a gated community. (Some areas have double gates). You should interview a few Realtors who
can learn you and your family's needs and you can find someone you can trust to work with.
Joanne Casteel, Century 21
over 20 years experience
714 865-9547
Hi Jerome Peters,

When I have Buyers I suggest to drive by the area and see what you think and whats available and if it may fit what your needs are... This part of the process.. The 2 cities both have its own unique attributes.. Irvine is centrally located. In Coto De Caza it is more secluded that Irvine.. What are you lokoing and want to accomplish? Call or email me and we can discuss the process and what your ideas are..

Ingrid Ski Realtor
949-874-0432
OCAreaHomes@gmail.com
First Team Real Estate
Hi Jerome,

As the other Realtors indicated, there are so many different factors to consider, so it's really an impossible question to answer. I lived in Irvine before moving to South County, and I have done lots of work in Coto. Feel free to call me anytime to chat. All the best!
Web Reference: http://www.HighcrestRE.com
Jerome, only you can decide that answer after doing your research.

Below is a link where you can view all Coto De Caza real estate, just houses, just condos, North and South Tract Maps, sold homes, foreclosures, short sales, and homes for sale listed by individual tract.

http://www.hartanovteam.com/coto-de-caza-real-estate.php
Irvine is a very desireable area, based primarily on it's convenient location and the excellent school system. Currently there is a lot of distressed inventory in Coto which could mean getting a great deal on a home. Two very different communities however, so it depends on your personal preferences. The responses below give you a detailed description of the differences.
Dr. Peterson:
Please see my email response to you about a particular property of interest to you.
It sounds like you are indifferent at some level to living in Irvine vs not living in Irvine (definitely NOT the case for some buyers, especially out-of-country buyers).
If this is so, and you are indifferent, then you will probably find that you get "more house/lot for the buck" in Coto.
The last time I did a comprehensive analysis from Tustin to San Clemente for a relocating CEO working in the Spectrum area, we found this to be so, and he ended up buying a home in a double-gated (i.e. gated neighborhood within Coto de Caza, which is, as you know, gated, too.) Their entire family loves it (once the CEO got over a response from one of his senior employees to the effect that living in Coto is like living on "Knob Hill" :-)).
If you have older children in your family, they will likely enjoy the "network" in Coto that revolves around the club.
You'll need to "taste it" to see if it suits you.
Terry
Hello;
You are comparing two completely different cities. Irvine is kind of on the way while Coto is out of the way. Coto has totally different feel to it. If it worth or not, it's all depends to what are your preferences? You have more access to major Free ways and everything in Irvine, where you have to use more of toll roads living in Coto. Also if you are moving from a smaller home in Irvine, you might have a chance to find a larger homes in Coto. Your question is very general and I don't think any answers would be very helpful unless we talk in detail. I am working in both areas, and can help you if you want to see a few homes in Coto. You can call me at 949-510-1955 or I can send you some listings in Coto to get more idea of what you can get for your money.
Best of Luck
Shadi Kian
Broker
DeltaMax Mortgage/Realty
Hello Jerome,

I've been living in, and specializing in Coto de Caza for over 25 years, and would be happy to give you a tour of the community, and of its recreational facilities, if that would be helpful. Click on my website below, for more information, about our community.
Web Reference: http://Coto4Sale.com
It depends on what your personal preference. I just spent the weekend in Coto and if you are looking for more sq. ft. and more open spaces that is a great place. It has a country club, equestrian center and has great mountain and city views. On the other hand Irvine has always been noted for the school system and for being centrally located. It all depends upon what your needs are. I you would like to schedule and appt. please give me a call @ 949-201-6887. I know both areas very well.
If you like being close to a golf course and live in a city that is completely gated, Coto may be the right move for you. Another factor is that it is further South. So if work, friends, entertainment, etc... are predominantly North of Irvine, you may not want to be so much further South. On the other hand, you could get some amazing properties in Coto that have more space generally than Irvine properties have. In Coto, you could potentially get a larger back yard, more square footage in your home vs Irvine where properties are a bit more compact. Contact me if you have any other questions (714)-200-9857
What's Your "Motivation"? It could be great! It could be unnecessary =)

Love to help out, give us a call 562.888.0404