In My Neighborhood in 29651>Question Details

Elizabeth, Both Buyer and Seller in 29651

Considering buying 104 marchant street in greer, and would like to know the quality of the neighborhood, and the safety of living there with children.

Asked by Elizabeth, 29651 Tue May 3, 2011

Answers

4
Thank you all for your great advice. I was not expecting such helpful answers so quickly. :)
Hi Elizabeth,

You may or may not be aware of this but 104 Marchant is showing as under contract in the MLS as of just a few minutes ago. It is a short sale though so there is a chance that the buyer may not be able to wait for the bank to respond or the bank may counter with a price that's higher than the buyer is able or willing to pay and if so then the home would become available again.

In regards to your questions about the quality and safety of the neighborhood I'll echo Anna's comments and say that those are not questions that Realtors are able to or should be answering. Fair Housing Laws state that we can not "steer" a buyer to or away from any area or neighborhood and answering questions like this could be construed as steering. Furthermore the quality of a neighborhood is a very subjective feature and would be hard for anyone to accurately answer even if they could. With that said the best resource for determining the safety of an area would be to contact the local police departments and ask for a report on the types of calls they have had in that area. You can also check the sex offender registry and talk with neighbors and get their thoughts.

If you'd like further help feel free to call or email me at (864) 525-7449 or svarghese@kw.com. Best of luck!

Sunil
For any safety concerns you may have, and for accurate information do contact the local authorities and ask all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand; as for neighborhood quality, if unfamiliar with the area, do take the time and revisit more than once and at different times of day, look for anything important to you, possibly chat with locals, etc., then make your determination; real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods.
Greer is a very nice area. good schools.if you want any help you could call me and I will help you.
Wilson. (864) 395-0299