In My Neighborhood in 28468>Question Details

Martha Lee R…, Real Estate Pro in Ocean Isle Beach, NC

Can you tell me if Sunset Beach has assessed property owners for sewer yet, and if so how much will assessment be?

Asked by Martha Lee Realty, Ocean Isle Beach, NC Thu Apr 4, 2013

I understand Sunset Beach is now on Public Sewer and each property owner is responsible for hiring a plumber to tap onto the sewer. Sunset Beach is getting ready to bill each property owner a sewer assessment. The last public meeting on this issue will take place at Brunswick Community College in the Williamson Auditorium on April 8th. from 5:30-7:00 p.m.

Answers

3
Hi Martha,

This is what was reported in the Brunswick Beacon on 3/7/13:
*Per parcel assessment is $5,303.53
*If total payment is made within 30 days of receiving the bill there would be a 5% discount.
*If a 10yr payment plan is chosen there is a 3.95% finance charge.
*The connection fee waiver period ends on the island on 4/16/13 and on the mainland on 12/12/13 - you must have the permit by these dates but will have up to 6 months to complete the work.

I have also been told that they will allow buyers of properties on payment plans to assume the existing payment plan rather than having to pay it in full at closing. Also, that ANY permitted work done on a property that is not hooked up will require that sewer be hooked up, and they will be charged the hook up fee of $4000 that can currently be saved with the waiver. So, it's better to go ahead and do it now rather than pay that fee later.

Hope this helps!

Jill Bowling
Sunset Properties, Ocean Isle Beach
910-612-0417
Hi Martha,

Here is the link that should be able to assist you with that question:

http://www.brunsco.net/Departments/LandDevelopment/Utilities…

IMPORTANT: The connection fee waiver period for the Sunset Beach Island ends on or about April 16, 2013 and the connection fee waiver period for the Sunset Beach Mainland ends on or about December 12, 2013.

For more information you can also contact the Brunswick County Tax Revenue Department at (910) 253-2829.

I hope this is of some help.

Continued success!

Jayne Anderson
http://www.BrunswickFineHomes.com
910 279-4001
you should call the Town of Sunset Beach and ask them the question for a sure answer that is correct.