Smicheals, Home Buyer in Orangecrest, Riverside...

Can someone tell me the basic rules and regulations for the Orangecrest area? Are their any dog restrictions? What about inside the home?

Asked by Smicheals, Orangecrest, Riverside, CA Wed Jul 20, 2011

I've heard horror stories about HOA's controlling how your home looks like inside too...is that true? What if I want to change stuff inside (not ad on to home but put different counter tops etc..). Do they have dog restrictions or pet restrictions? What about parking on the street? What if I want to have a few family / friends over for a Bar-B-Q; do I need permission? What if I have a garden...can I plant any flowers or if I want a backyard vegetable garden; are those ok? I just want to know how strict it is before I buy.

Answers

5
I'm not aware of any HOA's that can legally enforce CC&R's on the interior of your home.
I too used to live in Orangecrest and have many friends that still do. None of the HOA's put restrictions on pets or anything on the interior of your house. Paint colors are normal areas for them to control as well as making sure the landscaping is taken care of.

Please let me know if I can of assistance to you in this any further.
I live and work in Orangecrest. There are lots of different tracts...only some of them have HOA's...so please dont let that scare you. There are plenty of homes here that do not have any HOA for you to worry about if that is what you want. I can create a morning search for you that will eliminate or include communities with these...so you can have whatever you like! .HOA's can have some good benefits from them...so if you decide you like the gated community idea...or community pool etc...the pro's can be great. They really arent as scary as some people make them out to be in most cases. (canyon lake is a different story...that area is more like you are describing with lots of restrictions.)

Would love to talk to you further...

Giving the Service I would Expect...

Tammy Ewing
951-961-8715
Tammyewing.com
Hi there. Your best way to get all your questions answered is to contact the association itself. There are restrictions with all HOA communities, however most people think that's what keeps your neighborhood looking great. I have sold a few properties within the Orangecrest area and would be happy to forward you some contact numbers to help you.
Call me to assist you with your home purchase
Tiffany Wallace, Realtor
Real Estate Associates
tiffany@tiffanywallacegroup.com
(951) 202-1789
Generally, there is an architectural committee with every Homeowners Association that enforces and regulates the general aesthetics of the community. It is unlikely that you will have dog restrictions unless you are in a condominium association.
What you do on the inside of your home ( Within the law of course) is completely up to you , however , local building ordinances should be followed.
HOA's in general are a good thing and please keep in mind, often times the HOA dues will cover trash,sewer , water , property insurance , front lawn maintenance , common area landscapes , gates , lighting , street sweeping and much more. Parking is usually limited to the guest parking areas and can often present a problem. Gardens are typically acceptable as long as they dont obscure views or present a nuisance.
To compare apples to apples , you really need to examine the Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions of each community.

I am able to get copies of the HOA documents before submitting an offer. We also review taxes and assessments while counseling our buyer clients.

Were happy to help , just call , email or text us!

Jory Blake
Keller Williams Realty of Riverside
951.742.3751
theJORYgroup@gmail.com
Web Reference: http://theJORYgroup.com