In My Neighborhood in Villas>Question Details

Voices Member,  in

Can anyone tell me why Villas, NJ has such a bad reputation, even by people who live there?

Asked by Voices Member, Thu Feb 21, 2013

I recently overheard a conversation in CVS a husband & wife and a other man talking about that what you get for living in the Villas, the women refer to Villas, as the village. I was going to ask them why they would knot the town they live in but wasn't feeling well so I didn't bother. since my husband and I recently purchased a home there I curious?

Answers

2
I recently sold my home there and unfortunately there is quite a bit of "bad apples". A little kid was arested for trying to burn my house down and the the neighbor kid shot my windows with a pellet gun.

Neither kid got in trouble since I was considered "rich" since it was my 2nd home.
Lived on the bay in the Villas from 1999-2007.I watched the amazing change in the Villas over those years. Houses knocked down new ones built new people moving in. Unfortunately still a lot of old attitudes around. My advice would be go down to the bay and watch the sunset.