In My Neighborhood in 33062>Question Details

Hummer06, Home Buyer in 33062

Can anyone tell me which is the better bang for your buck;Lighthouse Point or the NE 23rd St area in Pompano Beach. Ocean access

Asked by Hummer06, 33062 Thu Jun 10, 2010

I am looking at a home in Pompano Beach right on NE 23rd St which is just outside of Lighthouse Point. It's only 5 mins away from the Hillsborough Inlet. I just dont know whether LHP is the better buy, all things being equal. I figure I would pay $100K more in LHP for the same house but am thinking about resell value in the future.

Answers

5
Gabriel Palotas’ answer
Hummer,
Light House Point as a waterfront community attracts owners with sail boats that need fast ocean access and no fixed bridges. One of the key points which is distance and time to the outlet The community also provides A Yacht Basin, Sail Boat Club an attraction to many that desire programs and social activities.
These owners also require depth, turning radius and protective harbor. The length of frontage on water determines the cost or values . Larger boats require larger lots or double lots. Light House Point meets these factors. In the present market one can buy as well in Light House Point as in Pompano it all comes down to your specific need. Pompano Beach is a larger community it has more waterfront locations that suit different size boats that do not need fixed bridges like sail boats. There is a major savings on the purchase if a fixed bridge property compared to a no fixed bridge property. In that respect there is more variety in Pompano than in Light House Point. In my experience you look for the cheapest house in the best neighborhood for speculating. You buy the best house with the most features for the best price when it meets your personal taste and a place you want to call home.
You Definately have chosen very safe areas in South florida. I'm a realtor and I live in pompano. I love it here it's beautiful, and you can get close to the beach for a smaller price! If you need help and want a realtor who really knows and loves the area I can help you. I will find you the best place/deal out there! You can count on me!
You can't go wrong with either Location. You should know that Lighthouse Point claims to be one of the "Safest" areas in south Florida. This is their chamber of commerce:http://lhpchamber.com/

I live in Pompanos Beach, and we feel quite safe. I would make my decision based on the home you are looking at knowing you are getting a quality in lifestyle in either location.
Denise Stewart
903 3038885
denisestewartrealtor@gmail.com
Resale, LHP is always holding the value. Pompano Beach is a good area too. Its all about the location you want to live and which location will make you happy
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 29, 2013
Hi Hummer06,
price is per square foot are slightly higher in Lighthouse Point but many of the properties there have newer amenities and more of a direct access to the inlet but then again Pompano has many canals that lead quickly to the intercoastal with some very nice home double. It all depends on the size of boat or dock and what your requirements are for ocean access. And we have the Hillsboro Inlet right here for a quick run to the ocean. I am an avid boater and fisherman & live on the water also so feel free to contact me to discuss your needs to better assist you. Happy boating! Russ Greenberg, Realtor, ePro