dutchjacobsen, Home Buyer in Los Altos, CA

Can anyone tell me a little more about 24700 Soquel San Jose Rd.?

Asked by dutchjacobsen, Los Altos, CA Wed Oct 9, 2013

My father and I have been looking at similar properties and really like the Summit Rd.area. Looking for someone familiar with the ins and outs and pitfalls of a property like this. Not looking for a primary residence, at least not initially. It would be used as a "recreational" property that could be improved upon with a new build/major remodel/modular home likely in the future.
Would financing be available on a property like this or would it require "Cash Only"?

Answers

3
This property is available and can be financed and would make an great family retreat. You have Los Gatos schools and are just minutes away from Down Town Los Gatos but far enough away you to give you a tranquil place to get away to,

Because this is a rural mountain property there are differences when compared to residential neighborhood. There is a domestic well for water, you would have propane vs natural gas and have septic vs a city sewer. These are some of the items that make this property different but I wouldn't call them pitfalls. The property can be improved and needs some work, it's considered a fixer u
I've lived in the Los Gatos mountains since the 1970;s and have been specializing in Santa Cruz mountain properties for the past 15 years. I do know some things about this property and I know it is a bank owned property so it is being sold as is. It needs a lot of work or most likely a complete rebuild. Because of it's location, schools, etc, the land alone is where the value is. If you like to ride dirt bikes, atv's, (quiet ones), this would be an ideal property with trails running up the hill. Since it has a vast amount of flat useable land, it would also be a good estate and/or horse property. Banks will not loan on this property because of it's condition. Also, this is in a small area of the mountains where some wells are not very good, so that would have to be investigated. . Many people in this area need to truck water in during the end of summer until the rains fall again. However, most areas of the Los Gatos mountains have good producing wells
I have an excellent website loaded with information where you can set up a search for properties if you haven't already done so. Please visit http://www.mountainmike.com My wife Ann and I work together. Ann specializes more in working with buyers while I work mostly with sellers. If you are looking for undeveloped land, we also have an agent in our office who is the land specialist in this area. Let us know if we can be of assistance.
I recommend contacting the most reputable agent in this area. Please see provided link below.