Amyd, Other/Just Looking in Staten Island, NY

At what time is it appropriate to call the cops on neighbors that party really loud every week or two?

Asked by Amyd, Staten Island, NY Wed Apr 17, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


You can make a complaint about non-emergency noise from your neighbor. Non-emergency noise includes loud music or television, talking, and moving or dragging of furniture. Officers from your local police precinct will get your report and respond when they are not handling emergencies. You can also contact your tenant association, building owner, or super for help if a neighbor in your building is often noisy.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 23, 2013
If there is a curfew on noise, such as 9 or 10 pm then when it actually starts interfering with your quiet enjoyment of your home is when you call.

Follow Judith's lead since she is from your area and would know the laws in your area, before I ever could.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 17, 2013
I would call 311 so that the complaint is filed. It may take a few times but at least it is logged and if you can get some neighbors to join in at the same time it is even better! If you do not put these formal complaints in with 311 you will get lost in the system. Good Luck.....
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 17, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer