New Norwalk…, Renter in Norwalk, CT

Area near Brookside Elementary okay?

Asked by New Norwalk Neighbor, Norwalk, CT Sun Nov 13, 2011

Hi. I'm thinking of renting a house very near Brookside Elementary in Norwalk. Any comments on the safety of this area? Thank you.

Answers

5
Hi, You can go to http://www.homefair.com and http://www.spotcrime.com for in-depth crime stats and area demographic reports. When you got to homefair.com click on the city report option.

Christopher Pagli
Licensed Associate Broker
Accredited Buyer Representative
GREEN Designated Agent
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 13, 2011
George has the right idea. Perception of location is based on experience. It is all relative. Crime statistics, and demographic facts will enable you to make an informed decision based on your experiences. Let me know if you would like a tour of the area, especially if you are from out of town!
-Joe Balestriere
203-216-0670
Renter:

You should pay a visit to the Norwalk Police Department and request any information they have regarding crime statistics in that area...get it straight from the "horse's mouth", rather than rely on second-hand knowledge or rumor.

George Bakes
Coldwell Banker Previews International
E-mail: george.bakes@cbmoves.com
Cell: (203) 246-2696
I'VE LIVED THERE FOR PAST 2 DECADES & LOVE IT. READY TO RETIRE THERE TOO.
The area near Brookside Elementary School is a lovely area and boarders Rowayton, one of Norwalk's nicest areas. That area is also close to everything with the convenience of shopping, restaurants, schools, I-95 and the train station.

Hope this helps.