millvalleysa…, Home Buyer in Denver, CO

Are there nicer areas of Wash Park? I have found several houses but wonder which side of the park is preferable?

Asked by millvalleysally, Denver, CO Sun Jan 1, 2012

Answers

17
Dwell Denver Real Estate’s answer
Hi there!

What is your price range? Depending on how much you have to spend, you will know which side of the park you will land on. Both are great and you can read about them more here:

http://www.dwell-denver.com/West-Washington-Park-Neighborhood.php
http://www.dwell-denver.com/Washington-Park-Neighborhood.php

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to give me a call!

Lane Walsh, Broker/Owner
Dwell Denver Real Estate
Web Reference: http://dwell-denver.com
East Wash Park has easier access to Cherry Creek, Bonnie Brae, and Old South Gaylord. I think I've noticed more 'pride of ownership' (good maintenance) on the East side, as well, which, in addition to larger average square footage of homes and lots, may account for the higher home values. The park itself seems to be the main attraction!
East side is commonly more expensive according to stats but it depends on specific location and price of the house.
This question is from 2012...interesting that the comments keep coming. Wash Park area is fantastic on all sides, East, West, North and South. And has definitely seen a rise in avg. purchase prices over the past several years. If you are still looking, I would be happy to take you out for a market education day and tour several listings in the area.

Best of luck!
Dane
Generally speaking both sides of the park are comparable, but East can be a little more expensive
The east side is the preferable side
I think the whole area of wash park I guess it would depend on the price range you are looking in.
East Wash Park. There is a house on Franklin St. about 4 houses away from he park that just went up for sale today!
Sally
That is a question that is hard to answer without knowing more about you and your specific needs, but as you can see from the previous answers, the East Side seems to be a bit more popular than the West Side but that's like saying Filet Mignon is better than Lobster. You cant go wrong with either. Proximity to schools is always a concern for parents with school age kids. If you fall into that category, you should keep that in mind as well. The link below will take you to instant searches (updated everyday) for all Denver neighborhoods, Including Wash Park and West Wash Park.
Hello Sally,

My office sits in the middle of Washington Park on Old South Gaylord St. The next time you're visiting Denver, why don't I block out some time to show you Wash Park.

Kasha Songer
2010 and 2008 Top Producer
Certified Residential Specialist
Graduate of the Realtor Institute
Broker Associate & Realtor
KashaSonger@gmail.com
mobile: 303-587-4015
Preferred Properties Inc.
1041 S. Gaylord St.
Denver, CO 80209
office: 303-778-8222
Web Reference: http://PreferredDenver.com/
MillValleySally,

Good question. Generally, the East side of Wash Park is considered more preferable due to the price range of the homes, size of homes, Old Gaylord area, etc. Some consider that the more 'classic' homes are on the East side. But both sides are in one of the most desirable locations in the Denver Area. Your preference will probably have to do more with price range, size and style of home, particular block and neighborhood, rather than which side.

The best thing about moving to East Wash Park or West Wash Park is that you are in a no lose situation. I have a client working to finish up some details on a home in West Wash Park to go on the market in the next week or so on Clarkson Street. Feel free to contact me if you are still looking and havent found the right place. It will be in the $400,000 range and of course a short and beautiful walk to the park.

Robert McGuire ASR
Realtor/Consultant
Your Castle Real Estate
1776 S. Jackson St. #412
Denver CO 80210
Direct – 303-669-1246
There are two separate sections of Wash Park: East and West. The division of East and West is Downing Street. East is more prestigious due to the larger lots, larger new-built homes, and the walk ability to trendy shops and restaurants on Old Gaylord Street. In West Wash Park the average sales price of a detached single family home was $386,000 in 2011, whereas in East (other wise just called Wash Park) $602,910 was the average sales point.

But if you are thinking more micro within the neighborhood of Wash Park, there are certain sections that command a higher price point. The highest factor being the proximity to the actual park. Another factor would be walking distance to shops and restaurants on Old Gaylord, and to less extent to those on University and Alameda. And like any other urban Denver neighborhood it really depends on the architectural integrity of the particular block in question. Visit the link I attached below to learn even more about Wash Park. Or contact me directly to learn even more Elizabeth.martinez@porchlightgroup.com.

Happy House Hunting,
Elizabeth Martinez
Hi!

I feel that each side has it's own distinct personality. "Preferable" definition should probably be left to individual interpretation, so It all depends on what best suits your lifestyle and personality. You have shopping and restaurants on both sides. East side has been more expensive for years and I have noticed the days on the market are typically shorter on the east side as well. Right now the inventory on both sides is slim to say the least, but if you'd like to check out both sides or have me send you some markets stats (days on market, average price per sq. ft. etc) please don't hesitate to let me know! I'm happy to help as I work with a lot of buyers on both sides of Wash Park.

Marina Jensen
303 908 9117
Web Reference: http://www.MarinaJensen.com
The Washington Park residential neighborhoods is generally broken down into the Eastern & Western sides, each having it's own Neighborhood Assoc., of the two associations, I think the Western Wash Park Assoc is still in full operation, their website is http://www.wwpna.org/. I think that both areas are considered very desirable, and I don't think you would need to choose one part of the neighborhood over another. I think it's most important to find a home you really like at a price point that works for you...and whichever area of WashPark you end up in is going to be a Winner. I hope that's helpful!
Typically the east side of the park is more desirable, but the first two blocks on the west side are close to the park and may represent a better value.

Andrea Altieri
There are 2 sides and east of the park is preferred.
Both sides are very desirable
Brain
East Wash Park has traditionally been considered more "expensive". I have lived in the area and helped several clients buy and sell on both sides of the park, and in neighboring Platte Park. As with any search, the goal is to find the best deal in your price range. Both sides of the park have lovely blocks, and good qualities. I'd be happy to discuss with your further. I love the park, and the proximity to downtown, restaurants, and shopping. Best of luck with your search!
Web Reference: http://spruceteam.com