In My Neighborhood in 34145>Question Details

Carrie Corbe…, Home Owner in Yorkville, IL

Are there any houses w/Gulf access that are rent w/option?

Asked by Carrie Corbett, Yorkville, IL Fri Aug 3, 2012

We have great credit but would like to make sure this is where we want to live before commiting to purchase. We will only rent in Marco Island.

Answers

3
I have a condo listed for sale that might consider that. Give me a call to discuss it if you are interested. 800-225-1956
Carrie;
I have been vacationing in Marco Island for several years, and we just bought a condo there for the winter months,( we are Canadians ). I don't believe you will go wrong buying right now in Marco. I canno't think of one negative thing to say about Marco. One of the most important decisions you will make is the Real Estate Agent you will use. My agent was Helen Donaghy, she is with ENGEL and VOLKERS MARCO ISLAND.
Hope i helped with your decision.
Jon Wiseman
Not very common to do a lease option on Marco Island. Our prices can could move up 10-30% in the next few years, so not many would want to lock themselves into a option. Our market has heated up over the past year. There are still deals. But most of the deals are short sales and foreclosures, that need to cash out. Our home inventory has dropped from a high of 800 home for sale to now there are less than 300, almost 65% drop in our inventory, and prices have finally started to make a upward swing. You will see that in Collier county you have seen a price increase of up to 25% in some areas in the past year. Since our inventory is down, Vacant lot sales have also heated up, with almost 150 vacant lot sales so far in 2012, with over 4 months yet to go. We only sold 63 vacant lots in 2009 and only 81 vacant lots in all of 2010 and 104 in 2011. So it is possible that we will see our lot sales go up almost 100% in one year.