Huatulco01, Home Buyer in Chesapeake, VA

Are there any flooding issues in the Greenbrier West area when there are large rains or storms including hurricanes?

Asked by Huatulco01, Chesapeake, VA Sun Sep 9, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi -

I am both a Realtor and a Licensed Appraiser in Chesapeake, VA.

You can actually enter a property address into FEMA Map Service to see the flood map for a property.

The website is

You will see a "Product Search by..." box.

1. Make sure it says "Flood Maps" under the drop down menu next to "Select a Product".
2. Enter the address of the property.
3. Click the magnifying glass icon next to the Map Search Results.

If you click "Make FIRMette" you can save the map as as PDF or image as well.

There are also links on the website that describe how to do locate your flood map. They have a live chat feature as well.

Hope this helps!

Jo Anne Gallant
Realtor / Appraiser
Cell: (757) 995-6209

Exit Realty Specialists
Chesapeake, VA
Web Reference:
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 4, 2012
Thank for your question. You can research flood zones either by:

1) visiting the City of Chesapeake website:…

2) visiting
3) Ask your agent of your home insurance (if you have one).

Good Luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 10, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer