Paula Auriem…, Other/Just Looking in New York

Are interracial couples comfortable in this part of North Carolina?

Asked by Paula Auriemma, New York Wed Sep 9, 2009

Answers

6
Your answers are so lame this is a legit question. I recommend working with someone that calls a spade a spade if your not willing to bend the rules and give you a truthful answer you might be uncomfortable where you live and thats not right. I live in Ballantyne I see it at times and it doesnt create a problem. Keep in mind people judge alot on appearance so if its a guy who is "G-ed up" you are going to get stares. If he dresses "white" theres no problem. Im from Florida and in comparison there are black parts of town (uncomfortable) for your situation. Its almost like black folks are allowed in white parts but not vesa versa. Stay away from Rock hill , Fort Mill, Waxsaw and anyplace considered "country". If I offered anyone...... too bad. Its real and its true. Best of Luck
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 2, 2010
Unbelievable...
Flag Thu Jan 2, 2014
Third place Christian fellowship located at 7714 Matthews Mint hill Rd Mint Hill NC 28227. You will not be judged their but loved. Thirdplacecf.org
Paula,

I would be happy to discuss your home criteria further so that I can pull some homes for us to go & see, this would give you a good idea of the communities & neighbors.

thanks,

John Kelly
704-614-5521
I've been in interracial relationships and live I in the Ballantyne area. No problems. But then I wouldn't notice because "comfortable" comes from inside the relationship. We never did a lot of looking around to see who was looking and no one was ever bold enough to approach us.
Alessandra is right. Race is one of the protected classes as stated by the Fair Housing Act. Familial Status, Race, Sex, Handicapped, Color, Religion, and National Origin are all protected classes. Notice age and marital status are not covered. Speaking to locals and learning for yourself is the only thing we can recommend. If any agent DOES comment on the subject, they are in breach of these rules and can reprimanded by their state's real estate commission. If you end up working with an agent who decides to answer that type of question, they are breaking these rules and you may want to consider working with someone else. If they are willing to ignore these basics rules that have been deeply ingrained into our minds all the way back from pre-licensing, what other 'not so obvious' rules do you think they may break as well.

Just as there as things we cannot comment about, like protected classes, there are others that we MUST disclose, called material facts. Oil tank in the ground, planned highway construction near by, or zoning restrictions are a few that some agents knowingly and willfully decide to omit when talking about a property if they think it might kill a deal. Choose carefully who you work with and consider working with someone well respected or recommended. A desperate agent may tell you whatever you want to hear thinking its good for the sale, but be careful about which lines they cross and their motives behind them.
I live on the East side of Ballantyne and I think this area is very diverse. There are many ethnicities here which is great for the kids in school to be exposed to an array of cultures. We just moved from the northeast so it was a welcome change to have such diversity in the area. I don't think you would feel out of place at all here!