Dma9244860, Home Owner in Orlando, FL

Anything I can do about single family home rentals to college kids who park their cars in front of our house and all over the street?

Asked by Dma9244860, Orlando, FL Tue Aug 14, 2012

Issues - multiple people living in single family home. Cars parked all over the street and in front of our house day and night. Cars speed down our 15 mph street at 40 - 50 mph! HOA is useless. Can't find any info on what is or is not allowed.

Answers

4
Two thing you may do:
First send an certifide letter to HOA with all the complain and put a 10 days to them answer it, if they dont complay sue them for damages and triple damages for distress!!!
Second call and file a complain with the Orlando and heriff department!!! If does work, call the tv!!!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 14, 2012
As Efrain suggests, I would contact the local police and inform them of the situation. They can possibly patrol the street and neighborhood more frequently for speeding violations. They may also have some suggestions as to what to do regarding cars parked in front of your house all the time. Perhaps the city can require parking by "permit only".

Good luck to you!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 14, 2012
Hi

I really understand your pain. Unfortunately the street parking spots in front any house are a city or county property ( unless is blocking the drive way). My suggestion is to call the cops until they realize that a neighbor is upset. Also try to find the owner and let him know what is going on. His info can be reached in Public Records.

Hope it will help
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 14, 2012
We have the same thing here, but finally after years the HOA sent out letters. Helped a bit.
The police do nothing, ping pong me back and forth, "this is Orange county's area" or This is not under our area.. blah blah These people have no respect. They leave their driveway empty and park in front of my house, kids dropping fast food wrappers etc