In My Neighborhood in 80220>Question Details

Debbie Taylor…, Real Estate Pro in Denver, CO

Anyone looking for property in the Denver Green School boundary in Southeast Denver?

Asked by Debbie Taylor, CRS, CIAS, CDPE, REALTOR, Denver, CO Thu Mar 22, 2012

Answers

9
Thanks for the good info Debbie, it is very helpful. Also I will be needing a temporary rental home for a family of four moving back here from Milwaukee. They will ultimately settle in the ParkHill/Montclair area at $400-500K.

Robert McGuire ASR
Realtor/Consultant
Your Castle Real Estate
1776 S. Jackson St. #412
Denver CO 80210
Direct – 303-669-1246
http://rmcguire.yourcastle.org
Debbie,

What are the boundaries and zip codes included around the Denver Green School? I have some relocating clients looking in the area.

Robert McGuire ASR
Realtor/Consultant
Your Castle Real Estate
1776 S. Jackson St. #412
Denver CO 80210
Direct – 303-669-1246
http://rmcguire.yourcastle.org
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 22, 2012
I am researching this for the Mayfair Park Neighborhood as to demand.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 22, 2012
YES!
In fact we just advocated for our son to get into DGS and just found out that he was wait listed after a long road of uprooting ourselves moving to the neighborhood in July to be in the DGS boundary only to find out that it was changing and would no longer be our sons neighborhood school, contacting our DPS BOARD OF EDUCATION and requesting to be grandfathered it to no avail. They said they could do no more than to grant him highest priority choice above siblings and after the choice process and long wait to March I called the school and found that he had been put on the WAITLIST. All this after we were told by Shannon Fitsgerald( choice enrollment coordinator) that it was virtually impossible for him NOT TO GET IN WITH THAT HIGH OF PRIORITY. We are furious b/c we have invested all of our resources including hiring an education consultant, moving, attending and speaking on our behalf at school board meetings etc. To get our son into that school and now he has been waitlisted!

Please help us! We are not sure what the next step will be but we are not willing to give up our fight for our son to attend DGS.

Are there any homes for sale/ rent in the district? I have been trying to look myself and am not having much success understanding where to look to guarantee the we have an address that will get us into DGS!
Megan Wagner
Hi Megan, I was a parent/advocate/volunteer in DPS for about 15 years ~ my best advice is to start working with a very active full time broker. I lived in that neighborhood for many years, and know the school well. Someone who is in an active office can help you be the first one in the door, or maybe even find a home that works before it hits the market. Call me if I can help. Best of luck!
Christine
Flag Tue Mar 18, 2014
yes I can help please search my name on internet and give me a call. Can't share info here.
Flag Fri Mar 14, 2014
Hi Megan where did you move to? I might be able to help. Let me know and I will research boundaries quick for you. You need to google me and call because I can share info on this feed.
Flag Fri Mar 14, 2014
just drove by and it is already rented I will keep an eye out for you.
There is s rental across from the DLS basically 4th and Niagara I think they are asking $2100 for 4 beds 3 bath. I can get the number later today for you.
Thanks Debbie...
Flag Fri Mar 23, 2012
The boundaries for Mayfair Park are Monaco to 6th and 1st to 6th Avenue. Al grades K-8 will be reporting to the Denver Green School next year except 5th, that will integrate in the year after. I am working directly with the planning department for DPS to bring awareness to the Real Estate community as the pocket between Lowry and Crestmoor has had some confusion as to being Place Bridge Academy the Newcomer School for DPS and many listings have gone in the MLS incorrectly. I currently do not have any listings coming on but simply trying to draw awareness to the area and the school.

Check it out, you can still by a small brick ranch in the low $200's on a large lot this close to the city center and Lowry is developing the Buckley Annex just South of 1st with an 800 units of housing mixed use development. The Highly renowned Denver Language School resides in the neighborhood as well!

Mayfair park is in the 80220 zip code.
Hello Debbie,
I work primarily in the Southeast Denver area and I am always keeping an eye out for new properties in the area. Can you tell me more about it? Perhaps I can preview it.

Shana Stokes
Broker Associate
Your Castle Real Estate
Thanks for looking out for the neighborhood and the school options!