In My Neighborhood in 85614>Question Details

Alkire907, Home Buyer in Tucson, AZ

Any restrictions on having two large dogs?

Asked by Alkire907, Tucson, AZ Sun Jun 19, 2011

Answers

6
Hi -like the others mentioned, CC&R's is your main resource to find out what is allow or not; pertaining to pets, landscaping, outside color, parking, etc. In most cases the CC &Rs are very lengthy so alot of times a simple phone call to the correct HOA board member or management company will be able to help you a lot faster. If you need any of their contact information I can help you get it.
Rattlesnakes love big dogs!!!
Your pet restrictions would be in the CCRs (Deed Restrictions) for property. You would also have to follow the Pima County pet restrictions. Most neighborhoods in Green Valley this would not be a problem.
If I can be of any help, let me know.
Thank You,
Scott Chancellor
Don't just look at the number of pets or type of pets that are allowed. Check out if they are allowed to be on the Common Area's during walks and such.
Flag Sat Aug 31, 2013
I am assuming you are planning to buy a home as your profile states you are a Home Buyer. In this case you would need to check the CC&Rs (covenants, conditions and restrictions) of the community where you are planning to buy the house. These are the governing documents that dictate how the homeowners association (if there is one) operates and what rules the owners - and their tenants and guests - must follow.

Please note that although most people think that CC&Rs exist only for communities with HOA, they usually also exist for non-HOA communities. The original developer more than likely created and recorded CC&Rs for the community.

Your REALTOR can help you find those documents and research about pet restrictions. Besides size and quantity, they may restrict the breed of the dogs.

So the above applies if you are buying a home. If you are renting, then the landlord is the one that will tell you about any restrictions he may have on pets. The landlord still has to abide by the community's CC&Rs, but he can put additional restrictions in place for his renters.

I hope this helps.

Jose Dias, REALTOR
(623) 418-5700
Jose@MyFirstHouseAZ.com
Realty One Scottsdale
Don't forget that if your dogs bark, they may be in violation of various city ordinances.
Pet restrictions would be addressed in the CC&R's (Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions) for the specific community where the home is located. If you have a specific neighborhood in mind, just let me know and I will be happy to provide the details!