In My Neighborhood in 96707>Question Details

Alice, Home Owner in 96706

Also, how much hotter is Ocean Point/KaMakana areas, compared to Kapolei-Malani area? Same Ewa plains...so same dryness & heat all year...am I?

Asked by Alice, 96706 Mon Apr 9, 2012

right? Should I expect higher monthly water (lawn) and electricity (A/C) cost if I live in Ocean Point vs Kapolei-Malani or Kapolei-Aeloa?

Answers

2
The tenpature, heat and humidity levels are basically the same from Ocean point to kapolei. If you want to find a cooler spot close by those areas to live consider Makakilo as it sits on the mountain looking down over Kapolei and the Ewa beach plains. It is usually up to 10 degrees cooler up there with a nice breeze pretty much daily. I have lived in Makakilo for over 20 years and LOVE it ! In fact where I am now I dont even need an air conditioner at all!!!
You can contact me for all of your realestate needs and questions !
Nita Jungles 808-772-0532 Century 21 Homefinders of Hawaii
paradisefoundhawaii@msn.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 21, 2012
Aloha:

My name is Mike Gallagher and Principal Broker, Owner: Mike Gallagher Real Estate, Inc. Twelve years in Business.

I would advise you to go to my website at http://www.hawaiirealestatestatistics.com and review in detail exactly what is happening in the Hawaii Real Estate Market.

Ewa, Kapolei, Ocean Point all share the same weather patterns: Typiclly Hot, Dry due to flatness of terrain. A little cooler towards the Ocean but this whole area is on the South Side of the Island is Hot and Dry. Humidity is moderate but increases into the 90% tile sometimes in the months of September and October.

Water is an issue and will be always an issue on the Island of Oahu as a whole. I recommend zero landscapping as much as possible as the Water Board is raising rates at a phenominal increase to cover collapsing Sewer Lines all over the Island.

Between the Rail to No Where and the Water Board increases in Taxes all Families on Oahu have a new Tax Obligation exceeding $30,000 per family.

If you need further help or have questions please contact me.

Much Aloha,

Mike Gallagher, 808-384-9015 or mikeg@hawaii.rr.com