In My Neighborhood in 76661>Question Details

Alicia, Home Owner in Robinson, TX

Also, I almost bought a home in this area 2 years ago, but was told it was a bad investment. Coming back to it, I now have seen that the investment

Asked by Alicia, Robinson, TX Thu Dec 23, 2010

properties have not changed. Some in fact are even lower than what they previously were. Will they ever come up again? Will the water company ever change? Has the city taken care of the tax problems?

Answers

5
We have been looking at Marlin property hoping to retire there. I love the small town & would love to see the downtown area blossom. We weren't aware of water issues?
I've been volunteering with Falls County Leadership and am trying to get help with Army Corps of Engineers to rebuild the broken water system but it takes huge grants that haven't been available asap. This big of a rebuild takes time and I've been helping since 2008--I'm told 90% improvements have already been put into place. :P I can't control Texas drought systems which Firewise Leadership has said is only getting started, but I've been trying to get water towers built so that water can still be delivered. Still won't be cheap but at least ya'll can get water... Broken pipes through out the city won't help even help until ya'll have water in the towers, so another another issue I've been trying to work with Congressman Carter but now I'm split away from him with district changes as well as gov't shutdown.

Once water systems are rebuilt, roads are rebuilt (TxDOT helpers working with Falls County Engineers) then thru time I pray for Marlin ISD to be improved, (http://www.texasdi.org/ has done amazing things with our schools) so that Tilson Homes can start building a few new homes. I'm trying to get a new location of Blinn College built in Marlin to hopefully address shortages of Veterinarians in USA, not just Texas! Will ya'll help me just a bit? I'm only 1 person and I'm not even getting paid for what I've already gotten done...Marlin is the one place I've had happy memories and I want to bring the town back to it's former beauty even if only a bit. Marlin needs everyone to pitch in to build a positive future, but still so much more needs to be done...

Since 2008 crime has gone down 45%, I've not heard updates yet if it's been as good as 67%? Judge Sharp found a grant (at Regional Judges Mtg) to remove a massive amount of debris and as town gets rebuilt, improvements will come...New Best Western Hotel has been built to give a decent place for visitors to stay.
New water tower has been built, a few new streets have been updated for water issues.
TxDOT has said they will work with Falls County Engineer to fix the roads for first time in documented history.
Lifeway Community Center has been built for enjoyment of all; La Danian Tomlinson has provided football camps in summer and rebuilt football fields so that kids can play little league. (Is there Little League Football in Marlin?)
Music Festivals have returned and baseball fields have been rebuilt so kids can play little league.
New Dollar General, Sonic Restaurant, HEB updates have been done too. I would also love to get downtown Chilton rebuilt into something remininscent of Fredricksburg or Salado? I'm sure there's more rebuilding going on and I hope to see ya'll soon... take care and God bless.
--Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Drunk.
And I will work anytime you need my help.
Flag Thu Oct 10, 2013
you really need to google the loans and grants that they got in 2009 for the water..... 16.6M!!!! Also check with the Chamber! Also find out why all the fire Hydrants don't work. My YouTubes are under the name Carla Holland-Strange.... There is also the question of Where is all the donation monies going to for the FARM group (Falls Animal Rescue Mission) as far as I can tell I am the only one doing any rescue.... but that is all documented. I love this town and the people are amazing... the crime reports are all minor things like LOOSE Dogs! I just did my second interview for a reality series filmed here, but the administration might be the deciding factor.

This town has charm, and I want to keep it my home.... my family was afounding family and I own an amazing 100 yr old haunted hospital.
Flag Thu Oct 10, 2013
I bought my place in Marlin a year ago........ and if those problems were all of it I could sell easily and leave.......... My issue is...... I fell in love....with the people.

I have lived in alot of cities.............. Las Vegas, Anchorage, Austin, Dallas,LA........... I loved em all.... but left easily when it came time.......... but to be honest..... I can't leave Marlin. These people are amazing. Rich soil, Rain, Sunshine, A neighbors help when you need it, Majik Every Where........ some problems that is everywhere..............as for as the WATER, 16.6 million needs to show up ( 2009 grants and loans totaled out to 16.6 M for a new water plant........ that was never built) Animal Shelter is 2 cages behind the police department with not even a dog house. Watch My YouTubes, yet FARM run by the Mayor has collected over 60K in donations.... ( and I have all the rescue dogs and not one donation of food) Tax are still screwed, the evaluation is not a fair market.... plus court papers are falsified. My land was stolen from me..... owe taxes on property that I have not owed in years. and who pays taxes every year on something they own! I mean I owe taxes on my computer? Crooked as hell, but I love these people.
Carla Holland Strange
Alicia,

It might and it might not. How's that for a great answer? Seriously, alot depends on the external factors surrounding the neighborhood/city/county, etc.

You have to ask if there is alot of new job growth, new infrastructure, new businesses opening in the neighborhood, is the City investing in the area, are people improving their properties in the neighborhood or just letting them fall into disrepair. Once you answer these questions, you'll likely get your answer.

That said, I would think the new Hillcrest Hospital and I-35 road improvements in South Waco/Hewitt should help Robinson a bit, don't you think?

Hope this helps.

Scott Butcher
Maker Capital Group
http://www.makercapitalaustin.com
512-796-7738
did you read the question at all? or just tying to sound bright? it was about Marlin Texas 76661 not Robinson! So if ya want some answers that real people understand then let me help ya along. Do you want to move to a simple small town that plans to grow to a city Hell No! Do ya want to live in a country setting but still be a 30 minute drive to work? Well Yes! do ya want to walk into HEB to buy groceries and tell Oscar that they are out of something and he knows you and gives a care? Or break your glasses before payday and MS (my darling angel) Young carries credit so you can see until payday?
Your rolling in pain from a ooth ache but broke and Dr Brian lets you pay it out, so you won't hurt! Your kids need a safe after school place that you know they will be safe.... thank God Kelly at the Zone is there for you............ after all she gave up her life to raise her dead sisters child ad now runs a safe place for kiddos to expand their minds and bodies. Carla Holland-Strange
Flag Fri May 31, 2013
Good Morning Alicia;
History continually shows that over time the Real Estate market will always improve.
Web Reference: http://www.321property.com
Nothing is improving about Marlin Texas.
Flag Thu Nov 28, 2013