Regina McGla…, Both Buyer and Seller in Roswell, NM

Alright, I do know that homes must be made to look as attractive as possible on the internet..BUT

Asked by Regina McGlashen, Roswell, NM Sat Jun 16, 2012

what a disappointment when you go see a home that has bad cracking foundations, neglected interiors,ratty looking yards and just general needy looking. The pictures NEVER depict anything but the areas that may be be acceptable. Do me a favor and dont waste my time asking me to look at homes that need thousands in repair unless I am looking for tha,t or lead me to believe that the home is just as shown in the pic. They rarely are unless the home is over the 150,000 mark.I think a realtor should actually see a home before they show it to a prospective buyer so they can decide more accurately if it will fit the clients needs. So, I guess i am asking why do all realtors post such deceptive pictures with the long angle lens and corner shots that show nothing but the corner of a room where there is no damage or destruction? Want to sell a home..be honest and visually accurate as possible. NO surprises please!

Answers

4
TerriVellios.Com’s answer
Gina,

Not ALL REALTORS post deceptive pictures. The agents which do that probably believe that they are doing a service to the Seller, whom they represent.

In California, agents are not to be deceptive in their marketing tactics.

I hate wide angled lenses because they are so misleading.

I know many buyer agents will preview homes before showing their buyers. If this didn't happen for you have a conversation with your agent. Perhaps it is tenant occupied and there are extenuating circumstances.

Keep the faith.

Have an amazing evening.
Web Reference: http://www.terrivellios.com
I agree. I looked at pics of a listing this morning of a house I had visited, and the person taking the picture showed the owner's furniture, not features of the house. The house had a beautiful mid-century fireplace wall and glass details to the side that weren't even shown. When I sold my home in Texas, I had to fix two things that were required to be fixed before the sale could proceed: a handle on the sprinkler system, and one shingle on the roof. In Roswell, homes are up for sale that need minor to major repairs, painting, updates, concrete fixed, etc. you name it! It seems like every property is a fixer-upper.
You should be able to get a seller's property disclosure before going to see it, if you like. Good full time agents can already tell you upfront if there might be a problem. They should have either been in it already, especially in an area they work, or can tell just by the photos, area, and price what to expect. Yes, agents should make a place look its best but not be deceptive. All the more reason to have a good buyer's agent working directly for you when shopping... which does not cost you anything! I would help you in Albuquerque, but wish you the best down in Roswell. Feel free to contact me with any questions though!
David

David Stafford
360 Ventures Real Estate
505.750.3360
I agree with you Gina. I see it a lot that the listing agent will take pictures that don't show anything negative about the property and then you get to the property and it doesn't even look like the same house from the pictures.