In My Neighborhood in 60010>Question Details

Jason Selman, Real Estate Pro in Schaumburg, IL

Agents: How is traffic in the purchase market now that interest rates have come back down a little?

Asked by Jason Selman, Schaumburg, IL Tue Oct 15, 2013

Answers

4
As Managing Broker of three RE/MAX offices my feeling is that traffic is slower than it was this Spring but not bad for this time of year. There was a buying frenzy in April & May that has subsided. Buyers are moving more cautiously now.
you are a mortgage broker, please put your blogs or interesting questions in the blog section of Trulia, this Q&A part of trulia is for the buying and selling public. Thank you.....
Sincerely yours,
EDITH Karoline Jasser YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE 
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties Brokerage, 30 Green Bay Road, Winnetka, Illinois 60093
EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at htttp://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
In my opinion, I think buyer traffic has remained relatively stable. The slight rise in interest rates only helped those buyers, who were on the fence about making the move to purchase, to become more serious. Fall inventory has still remained quite low in most areas in Manhattan and Brooklyn. I think overall many buyers are seeing the low interest rate environment as an attractive time to purchase. Are you looking to buy or sell any real estate?

Ashley Clark
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
The Harkov Lewis Team, Halstead Property
T 212-381-2533 C 203-536-2769 F 646-775-4249 831 Broadway, NYC, 10003
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 15, 2013
The traffic has been relatively sustainable for the last several months. With September we have noticed a dip in traffic but that happens annually and was expected.