Lindsey, Renter in Pleasanton, CA

Active Friendly Family Neighborhood in Pleasanton/San Ramon/Danville?

Asked by Lindsey, Pleasanton, CA Sun Jul 14, 2013

Relocating from Irvine, my husband will be working in Pleasanton. Looking to rent a 3 bedroom dog friendly house, and we won't be able to see the neighborhood before we sign a lease.
My main goal is a 9-10 rated school in a family friendly neighborhood, one where kids play outside and neighbors interact with each other. Looking at Pleasanton, Danville, San Ramon would consider Fremont. Any suggestions?

Answers

6
You might consider Dublin as well. School scores are high, plus it's an easy commute to Pleasanton.
Thanks so much for your responses, I appreciate the insight you all have provided. I am looking to stay under $3500 per month. I actually prefer an older house that's been updated over living in the newer neighborhoods. We do need a single family home with a yard - no condos or apartments. Thanks again!
Hi Lindsey,

If you want more info regarding the 94539 area feel free to contact me offline; I was born, raised and since 1988 have owned a home in this area of Fremont.

Schools appear to be one of your top priorities. One tool my clients have found to be quite useful and informative is http://www.SchoolAndHousing.com ; which, based on property address, provides attendance area schools (Public, Private and Daycares) along with useful statistics and other information you should appreciate.

They also have a cellphone/mobile application, which is quite handy when you are viewing homes! Just access the website on your mobile phone to download the app.

-Steve
Hi Lindsey,

I am a local realtor is the areas you mentioned. I am also a leasing agent on rentals with Park Place which is the number one growing Property Management Company in the East Bay.
Please email me and let me know what it is you are looking for.
joann@joannwheeler.com

Looking forward to hearing from you.

JoAnn
If schools are your concern you will want to only consider the 94539 zip code in Fremont to get the schools you desire...Pleasanton and Danville most schools will fit your criteria San Ramon also has very competitive but the schools in Windermere are newer and from what I have been told school scores are very high in that area however you will get that more neighborhood feeling in older neighborhoods from what my clients tell me
The dog will create a challenge but isn't impossible just have to present it and perhaps offer additional deposit or pay for insurance to cover any damage the dog might do
What is the rental amount you are comfortable paying monthly ? Also, are you prepared to sign a one year lease or more?
Please let me know if I can be of any assistance,
Michael
Myeastbayhouses@gmail.com
925-519-9099
Lindsey welcome. Pleasanton and the other areas are very good areas. What price range are you thinking of sending on rent?