In My Neighborhood in 93614>Question Details

Mr. Tom Stor…, Home Buyer in Coarsegold, CA

Aany Supermarket, restaurant, bank, hospital near by

Asked by Mr. Tom Storer, Coarsegold, CA Tue Aug 9, 2011

Answers

4
There are supermarkets, banks and the closet hospital is in Oakhurst, but if it's a real emergency I would go to one of the hospitals in Fresno. It's only 30 minutes away.
Coarsegold is a very charming, and exceptionally friendly town. Its a little haven for artists and small business owners. There are terrific restaurants ranging from casual to world class dining (Elderberry House). There is a lovely mid size market in Coarsegold, with Vons and Safeway 7 minutes away. The mountains have a variety of medical services including Kaiser and urgent care, all major hospitals are only 30 minutes down the road. The gate to Yosemite with its heavenly views, amazing hiking, and camping opportunities are 30 minutes in the other direction. There are several golf courses locally, great fishing and gold mining spots. Bass Lake offers water sports, or relaxing on a pontoon.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 5, 2012
Coarsegold is only 7 miles from Oakhurst, where there is a Vons, Subway, Jamba Juice and Starbucks! Coarsegold, itself, has several independent markets, one larger one. Yes, they have banks and restaurants, but it's limited.

My cell phone works fine in all sections of Coarsegold, I've tried because I'm looking for property there, and that's a big factor for me since I work from home.

Jennifer
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 22, 2011
Tom,
Coarsegold is like an Artist Enclave: in fact a lot of artist live there; they have a big craft sale often in the parking lots.
For shopping, you can go up to Oakhurst, but there isn't a lot.
Or you can come down to Fresno. If you want COSTCO, LOWES, HOME DEPOT etc, you have to come down.
If I lived up there; I would have a lot of storage and an extra ref in the garage.
They have a small Hospital in Oakhurst, a nice one in Madera, but it's over on 99, and one off 41 in Fresno.

It's a compromise to live there, for sure.
Cell phones usually don't work, and there's always a fire danger. It would be a great place to set up a Paint Ball Park.

Good luck and may God bless