How To... in 33308>Question Details

Curious, Other/Just Looking in Fort Lauderdale, FL

zoning and development advice on property in Ft. Lauderdale

Asked by Curious, Fort Lauderdale, FL Mon Dec 12, 2011

I am looking at a development parcel in Ft. Lauderdale and would like to know how to find out the zoning, and also since this is a tear down how much can I build - setbacks required, maximum height etc. Is this available online? Thanks

1 vote Share Flag How To... in 33308

Answers

4
Please refer to the link below.
You should contact building department and in the meantime search the website.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 12, 2011
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 12, 2011
Sorry I can't figure out how to reply to your replies, but want to say thank you for the links - very helpful since I'm not in Florida. I know this becomes second nature when you're local, so thanks for your help!
Curious, in all likelihood you're going to eventually want to have a real estate agent involved in this transaction. If you find a commercial real estate specialist now, you can have them do some of this leg work for you! It is probably best to find someone who specializes in the type of business you hope to put up - hotel, strip mall, etc. who will understand the special needs that you may have.