How To... in 85743>Question Details

Rose, Both Buyer and Seller in 97470

what is full market exposure, how do you know if your house is getting the exposure i need to sell?

Asked by Rose, 97470 Thu Oct 21, 2010

0 votes Share Flag How To... in 85743

Answers

16
Most Realtors do 3P's . Post it on MLS, Put up a sign, and three Pray it sells. It takes 4 P's and the last one is prospecting. We actually get on the phone and prospect to other agents, post out flyers, send to all 90,000 of our agents world wide, do open houses if wanted, talk to neighbors. If all of this is done and the home is priced right, in good condition, and good location it all comes together very fast and the home should get sold. it takes a lot of working pieces to get this pulled off for the best price and in the quickest time period. Good Luck
I agree with most of the commentary in this thread. I think the point is that there are many many ways these days to market a property and you need to make sure that your realtor is leveraging technology but also willing to perform the basic age old methods. For example, Open houses are viewed by some as pointless, but statistically house do sell when held open and you have to be in it to win it, I always offer my clients open houses, I also knock doors in the neighborhoods and hand out flyers before the open house, several times now I have found a buyer from someone in the neighborhood who was abe to relay the information to a friend or family member who had been waiting for something to become available in that neighborhood and didnt know my listing was for sale! I have another listing in a senor community, since 1 out of 3 buyers seems to be Canadian at the moment in AZ, I researched local papers in Calgary and decided to place advertizing up there for my property. As a realtor sometimes you need to invest financially in order to get the best coverage for your client, it will pay off financially eventually when you take care of your listings and sell your homes quickly. Make sure your agent is using all available traditional and technological means of marketing your home for you! hope this helps
If your house is priced right, in a good location, and it shows well, Buyers will find you. The inventory is shrinking fast so if you meet those three criteria, you should get all the exposure you will need because it won't last long. Let me know if i can help.

520-661-5340
edholmes@live.com
Spirit Messingham, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Work with an experience Realtor. Ask for referrals and references to ensure you are working with an agent who has your best interests in mind, not theirs.

Best of luck.
Spirit
Hi Rose. I have to agree with George. It does mean different things for different areas. Ask your Realtor to provide their marketing campaign to you and explain what they are doing to gain full market exposure.
Hi Rose,

This is normally accomplished prior to entering into a listing agreement with an agent. Typically, sellers should request a written copy of the agent's comprehensive marketing plan for selling the property. It should include both the corporate and personal initatives.

Internet activity, open houses, local advertising, promotions, special events etc. are some possible points of interest. Remember, selling anything is all about visibility. The more people that are aware of the opportunity that exists, the better your chances of finding success.

It's also common to request information about the agent and office's total volume of sales for the previous year. Most sellers prefer hitching their wagon to a shining star as opposed to one that's falling. An interesting side note is that it isn't always the big name national brand that is experiencing the local success you need but a locally recognized company.

Explosive exposure where the buyers are is critical - and the buyers are online - right here just as you are. All good suggestions - check yourself and have your agent show you, demonstrate her delivery on the promise of maximizing exposure. You want nothing standing in your way so visibility on line to agents (MLS) and buyers (sites like Trulia, Realtor.com, Zillow, Craigs List) signage, ease of access to your home ~ you want nothing standing in the way.

This is all so very important - but nothing cures a pricing problem. So do be sure you are pricing your home properly, get that right and then expose the heck out of it, and you should be successful.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
Full market exposure obviously means different things to different agents as you can see from these answers. Basically, though, if you are listed with a Real Estate Professional, he or she should be doing so much to sell your home that you wouldn't even need to ask this question...you would KNOW. If you are not listed with a Real Estate Professional, you are probably not getting full market exposure. Everything said below constitutes "FME" and it is difficult to get the exposure you need in today's market by yourself. My team and I do everything that is mentioned in the other answers AND we do even more: we communicate with the seller on a very personal level to determine your needs, wants and opinions. We do not merely list your home, we SELL it and we always come back to what is in YOUR best interest. Selling and/or buying a home is a very personal and individual thing and I keep this in the front of my mind at all times.
I agree with looking on the internet and seeing if you can find your home. Just google it and see what you get. Realtor.com, Trulia, Zillow etc should have it posted. Price is also a key factor......Good Luck
Fast way to check is to do a search on your address. When it is listed in MLS, it goes out to numerous websites unless the listing agent kept it "private".
I am not sure if Spirit thinks it is inappropriate to have a lawn sign up, but that is what I gather from his "seriously?" In addition to Internet exposure, fed through the local MLS (as I emphasized is where 90% of people start), a lawn sign is important in order to call attention to the home's for-sale status for people who actually drive through the neighborhood they want to live in. This is a basic, common sense necessity. Not sure what warrants the "seriously" comment. Common sense dictates you cover the basics. Not having a lawn sign would constitute "basic negligence" in my book!
A lawn sign? Seriously? Talk to an agent, a local agent. Getting your listing on MLS is KEY as 90% of all houses sold in Tucson are listed on MLS. Talk to an agent, most people THINK they are saving money by "selling" their house by themselves. But you need to look at how much money you could be losing, plus do you understand the 9 page purchase contract? I would not go to court without a lawyer, I would not have surgey done without a Doctor and I would not buy or sell a home without a Realtor.

Best of Luck.
Spirit Messingham
(520) 471-6900
Your agent should have a full web marketing campaign along with some print ads depending on the type of listing.
Your agent should also be promoting your listing by e-flyers to other Tucson agents through the MLS service.
This is what I do for my listings at minimum.
The easiest answer is to look at the internet. Can you find your home there? Does your agent have flyers at the house, inside and outside? Does your agent put the property in multiple MLS's if needed? Does your agent put the home in print advertising? Does your agent send flyers to all of the local Realtors and Brokers? If so it is getting the exposure. If it is not getting offers it is one of three things and these have never changed in real estate. #1) Cost, is the home priced right? What is the market Comps for the home, for the area? #2) Condition, is it move in ready? Updated? Neutral colors, new paint, clean carpets, all appliance working, good landscaping? #3) Clutter, does the home feel crowded? Is it full of your family photos? It needs to look as roomey as possible and the buyers need to be able to visualize their things in your home....Make as much space as possible. Make sure the garage is cleaned out also. Stage your home to sell. Ric Mills, Keller Williams Southern Az.
Ask your agent -he/she knows!!!
George in Tucson
Trulia - http://bit.ly/4tgwkU (Q&A, Blog/posts, Resume)
Hi Rose, the top exposure these days comes from the internet, because that is where 90%+ of home buyers are looking as far as exposure goes. Besides this, the most important form of exposure is a lawn sign, believe it or not, to capture the people who are driving around your neighborhood. That's really the vast majority of searches these days. Print advertising is very minimal. So as far as top exposure goes, your house should be in the local MLS (multiple listing service) system because that is how most web sites will source information about your home.

Your agent should also host one or two broker open-houses to introduce other brokers. If you get one general consumer open house per month, that helps.

To be honest, your home will only be exposed if the price is RIGHT. You need to price your home at market value or ALL of these measures will be quite worthless. Do not make the mistake of 90% of sellers in this market, thinking you will price it high and then drop it down when you get no showings. You will lose the most critical first 30 days of the listing.

To get exposure, just have your agent do the basics -- and meet that effort by having the courage to price your home right. That will get you the best price at the best time, without getting into the "damaged goods" psychology that sets your selling price back when your home has not sold two months down the road.