How To... in Detroit>Question Details

Andre Smith, Other/Just Looking in Detroit, MI

what are squaters rights in detroit?

Asked by Andre Smith, Detroit, MI Sun Oct 19, 2008

Answers

5
You have the right to remove all your belongings from the property and move out before the court officer forces his way into house and puts all your belongings in a dumpster. Best advice: move out of the house you don't belong in.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 6, 2009
You're not gonna like the answer...but try 15 years and an expensive real estate attorney and a trip through Circuit Court.. You also have to assume all liabilities associated with the property and pray that in year 14.9999 the real owner doesn't evict you.

http://www.ehow.com/info_8079172_process-adverse-possession-…
after a person has moved into an abandon house and brought back up to a liveable standard and has resided there in that house for over a year how long do that person has until he or she can apply for a squatters right deed ?
Get out of my house before I sick the dogs on you! You have no right to enter property that is not yours..You could be the most ignorant person on earth!
Gary, it could be that Andre is a owner or potential buyer looking to evict squatters although your advice is 100% correct and I agree. Andre, you may need to go through a formal eviction costing a substantial sum. The eviction process can take a few months. Hopefully, some Michigan/Detroit folks will chime in. Good luck.