How To... in 94513>Question Details

Anancara41, Home Buyer in 32257

the purchase of my house was contingent upon the seller replacing a salt cell for the pool. At closing he said it was ordered and provided an

Asked by Anancara41, 32257 Wed Dec 23, 2009

invoice. After waiting a month and no salt cell, I called the company who had no record of the salt cell being ordered. No the pool has grown black algae. In what court (small claims?) do I have recourse in Jacksonville fl

0 votes Share Flag How To... in 94513

Answers

2
Richard Lecinski’s answer
Did you talk with your agent and him to the sellers agent? Money actually should have been held out at the closing by the title company in order to be sure the work was completed. But its too late now.
depending on the cost... under a couple thousand you will be alright in small claims court. Alittle heads up .. you could have had the seller put money in escrow for the cell and this way you could have ordered it if he did not, than you would had to give the bill to the closing company and they would have paid it. Usualy they put 1 1/2 time of the estimate in escrow and the seller would have received the surplus after the bill was paid.