How To... in San Diego>Question Details

Markus, Home Owner in San Diego, CA

i rented a storage,the people started living there ,now they wont move ,what can i do ?

Asked by Markus, San Diego, CA Mon Jun 20, 2011

Answers

9
Where do they go potty? Is there a pit or toilet involved?
this happened to me! in my case i rented a garage to a guy in pacific beach to store tools and such. it turned out he moved in and set up house. since garages are not intended for living in...i called code enforcement on myself...they came out and gave him the door.

the code enforcement guy told me this is common in the beach cities, where the alleys make it easy to come and go.
A storage UNIT? If so, did you not lock it? Contact the storage company. If you rented a garage on private property, you may have to evict. You can always start by contacting the police to see what you need to do.
How can you rent a storage? Bldg? Confused? who owns it ?

Best confer with property owner or an attorney

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Yeah, we're gonna need a few more details here. People moved into your storage unit??
Hi Markus,
There are people living in your storage unit?

Thanks!
Sinead
I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you talking about a storage container, garage, etc? Please clarify. There are different solutions for this situation as opposed to a residential rental.
Markus did you rent a storage unit, did you rent a garage out to someone to use as storage. If you rented space not meant for living in, you can try the health or building departments but first you should contact an attorney to see what your options are before calling anyone. You dont want to call the city if you get fined as teh owner
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Markus you should contact an attorney in your area to start an eviction. These people are breaking the terms of your lease but you can not just set them out.

It's a real problem when people break the terms of a rental agreement but you need to do things leagally.