How To... in Philadelphia>Question Details

Shirley Kram…, Other/Just Looking in Philadelphia, PA

i need to run an ad in the paper as my last resort to find my husband for a divorce, can you help

Asked by Shirley Kramer, Philadelphia, PA Tue Mar 24, 2009

how much and how long do i need to run an ad in the paper when looking for spouse for a divorce?

Answers

3
Michael Kuldiner, Esq.’s answer
you need to obtain permission from the courts to perform service by publication. You should consult an attorney.

Michael Kuldiner, Esq.
Law Offices of Michael Kuldiner, P.C.
T (215) 942-2100 | F (215) 942-9664
Michael@phillyesq.com | http://www.PhillyEsquire.com

Bucks County Office (Main Office)
922 Bustleton Pike, 1st Fl.
Feasterville, PA 19053

Philadelphia Office
1420 Walnut St, Ste 800
Philadelphia, PA 19102
You'll definitely need to consult an attorney licensed to practice in Pennsylvania. Often, the requirement is minimal. When I adopted two of my children (their biological father had abandoned them) I was only required to run one ad in the local paper here in Texas to try to locate him. We knew he was living in a different state, but the law only required us to advertise once in the local paper. You might try Googling some search terms along the lines of "Pennsylvania family law divorce notification" if you're doing everything you can to avoid paying a lawyer. Having said that, I've always found that good legal advice may be a little costly on the front end, but it can save you a ton later in mistakes avoided.
Not sure have you asked your attorney. I have heard that there is a number of times it has to run. It may be different in Philly then it is here in Hanover. Good luck...