How To... in Tucson>Question Details

Evany, Other/Just Looking in Tucson, AZ

i had a roomate and we both signed the 12 month lease. she recently lost her job and moved back with her

Asked by Evany, Tucson, AZ Mon Apr 6, 2009

parents and i can't afford to pay the rent on my own. i have 4 months on my lease left but i also have a car payment and am 5 months pregnant. the location is no where near my job and family. would it be possible to break my lease?

0 votes Share Flag How To... in Tucson

Answers

1
Robin Siddle’s answer
Evany, I am sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunately both you and your roommate are liable for the 12-month lease. You should look at the provisions of your lease to see what the penalty would be for early termination of the lease. Sometimes you may be charged only a month or two rent for early termination. However, you may be on the hook to pay the remaining months (and attorney's fees if necessary) for breaking the lease. Are you able to get another roommate to help with expenses?
Web Reference: http://RobinsRendition.com