How To... in 33411>Question Details

Paul Advani, Real Estate Pro in West Palm Beach, FL

how to reduce your realty/propery taxes as a non-resident buyer?

Asked by Paul Advani, West Palm Beach, FL Sat Dec 25, 2010

0 votes Share Flag How To... in 33411

Help the community by answering this question:


If you have already purchased in Palm Beach County consider homesteading to get the $50,000 homestead exemption and the 3% annual cap on increases.

If you have not purchased yet- review the taxes in the different municipalities and pick one which has lower taxes. Good luck.

Marsha Montoya Mayer- Realtor
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 27, 2010
Hi Paul:

Get comparables from Local Agents and send it to the West Palm Beach County Tax Assessor
with the right forms, call them on Monday.

It is straight forward.

Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 25, 2010
You have to buy the properties at lower prices, and get them re-assessed. If you're buying them for income properties, then you need to structure your deals in a way to capitalize on the relevant tax treatment available to you. (You'd need to consult with a decent CPA and/or tax attorney for this.)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 25, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer