How To... in Jacksonville>Question Details

Renee Talley, Home Buyer in Jacksonville, FL

how can i find out about the property next door to me 1350 jones road jax fl, 32220 , the bank of america has this property , its been in forclosure,?

Asked by Renee Talley, Jacksonville, FL Thu Aug 18, 2011

we had a deposit on the property for almost 2 years, we recieved the deposit back in june this year, he said bank of america has the property and its just in limbo. he hasnt heard form them in over a year and 1/2. could someone help me. we really would like to buy the place for our son, 1350 jones road jax fl 32220 this is the address. we live next door at 1400 jones road. how can we find out if we can buy the property. the forclosure has been almost 4 years, thanks Renee

Help the community by answering this question:


Renee, I forgot to mention, I have a friend that works in the foreclosure department. I'll check with them.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 18, 2011
Hi Renee, I know how frustrating this is for yaul. Do this for me. Send me your contact info and give me a day to get with my guy at BOA. Have a Great Day

John Breen
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 18, 2011
According to the Clerk of Court records in Duval County the property was foreclosed upon in June of 2010. This explains why you received your binder deposit back. The attorney for Countrywide then, and now that BOA owns it was Marshall A Watson. They are in Fort Lauderday, FL. You can google them and write a letter to them to pass onto the lien holder, BOA. In your letter explain that you are interested in purchasing the property and were willing to do so prior and that you had a contract. I don't know how much this will help, but I have seen people do this and have it work. Additionally, you, yourself can search the clerk of the court records, it is a public site. You just need to know the first and last names of peoples records that you are searching. Good luck. You can always contact me at 382-6792 or my email,
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 18, 2011
Hi Renee,

According to the tax records the property is still owned by your neighbors. Who had the deposit? BofA has this due to it being part of the Countrywide Bank debacle. Have your neighbors been making mortgage payments all this time? You should check with the county court to see if foreclosure proceedings have started. If they haven't then contact a real estate attorney to do a due diligence on the property. Be aware that the mortgage that they recieved when they bought it could have them owning more than what the property is worth. This would necessitate a short sale if foreclosure proceedings have not been initiated. Unfortunately you won't be able to negotiate with the bank who has the mortgage directly. Only the mortgage holder can.
All the best
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 18, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer