How To... in Dallas>Question Details

Drea2010, Real Estate Pro in Dallas, TX

how can I get contracts to clean foreclosed homes?

Asked by Drea2010, Dallas, TX Mon Jan 25, 2010

I am starting an cleaning business and I am looking for some type of information on how to get started cleaning forclosed homes

0 votes Share Flag How To... in Dallas

Answers

7
Voices Member’s answer
As an agent that lists and sells foreclosures, I can tell you what I look for in a vendor. You need to be able to do more then just clean. My vendors not only clean but have the capability to haul off trash, furniture, old refrigerators etc. when needed. They also must be able to clean up and landscape the yard. I don't have the time or energy to deal with 3 different vendors when I can deal with one vendor. Very rarely do we have a house that just needs to be cleaned. That said, I am always looking for vendors that are honest, ethical and are willing to work as hard as I work. That said, you need insurance and a good set of references. Feel free to contact me if you think this is still what you would like to do.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 25, 2010
Stay away from Tereno, Inc. Very unethical.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 7, 2013
how do you know this info about Keaton Smiley? Are you one of the people he has used? please reply
Flag Wed May 28, 2014
Sounds like someone has an axe to grind here...deal with your personal issues somewhere else. This forum is not the appropriate place for it. Thanks to those who have a legitimate replies..
Flag Fri Mar 14, 2014
You are correct to say away. He is sleazy and slimy and he doesn't take care of his own kids So why is he going to care about anyone and their money. He has been an ass for a long time. Ask investors and banks in Chicago, Rockford Joliet, Illinois area. Oh, and all the women he uses for their money. Two words for him, Punk Ass
Flag Wed Oct 2, 2013
how should said vendor set his or her prices
Contact the banks and real estate brokers in your area. This will help you make some connections. Talk to those who handle the majority of foreclosures in your area, probably just a few key realtors.
Basically you have to get it "in" with the banks. I'd go talk to them in person. Ask them about how they do their business, the process and how they choose their workers. Then see if you get the same type of answers from all the banks you go to. From there, see if you can craft a business plan to meet those needs. Jay Feaster FeasterRealty.com
Web Reference: http://feasterrealty.com
You should have a good history of cleaning other homes first and be able to provide references.
So if you are just starting a business, you will want to get some other clients first so you can build
a good history of success. You will also need some good cash flow from other clients as we
typically will pay 30-45 days after cleaning on foreclosures. You also have to be prepared that in some
cases you may not get paid at all....that might be 1 in 10, but it can happen. You also need a system that will be able to provide you with before and after pictures.
You probably also want to be able not only to do trash outs and cleaning, but carpet cleaning, haul off, and some other basic services, like perhaps installing blinds, smoke detectors, basic handyman repairs.
Once you have a year or two under your belt of cleaning homes and doing make ready...get a list of foreclosure agents and start contacting them on a regular basis. We normally only add new vendors when something happens to one of the old ones. So you have to be in the right place at the right time and hit on the right day.
Web Reference: http://www.teamlynn.com
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
From what I understand for any fannie mae or HUD foreclosures you have to be an approved vendor you can go to http://www.fanniemae.com or http://www.southwestalliance.com and look for vendor information.

RJ