How To... in 60637>Question Details

Justliloldme, Renter in 60637

Where can I find a apartment in chicago il with bad credit?

Asked by Justliloldme, 60637 Wed Nov 10, 2010

I am running out of time with know luck? I have okay credit but alot has rueined me by my parent, having something in my name as a minor. Now whatever happened in the past has hurt me in the future and plus I have identity theft, on my report? I am work part time and getting ready to go back to school next semister. I have to move by the 14th of Nov. I dont have any family at all and im getting ready to be homeless. I dont know what to do? Please anyone help with words of advise, please!!!

0 votes Share Flag How To... in 60637

Answers

13
The rental agents at apartmentpeople.com might know which landlords are more flexible and will accept individuals with credit or identity theft on the report --explain your situation to them--- http://www.apartmentpeople.com/

See also - http://callmpa.com/Home.html
Ph: 773-975-9400
Shaw Legal Services - website says they work with bad credit or situations where people are trying to find an apartment

http://www.co-signer.com/?gclid=CKOrrcmj6rUCFcxDMgodNHoAWA
We guarantee residential leases. If you are looking to rent and your credit is not the best, (perhaps due to a foreclosure or a medical incident), and the landlord said you need a co-signer, we can help. Our company guarantees the landlord the assurance of payment should a default situation arise, thus allowing you, the tenant, an opportunity to secure the rental property of your choice. You are still liable contractually to fulfill your obligation, but we take the risk.

773-413-8780
TruQuill is a for-profit-business that is designed to help individuals qualify for an apartment. We do this by charging two separate and straightforward up-front fees. TruQuill is able to get you approved by having the apartment run and check our credit instead of having to run and check yours.

Apartment Cosigning Services
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 7, 2013
Pangeare.com rents to tenants with difficult credit all over Chicago land and suburbs
888-856-3125
Flag Tue May 27, 2014
They are a scam i will never go to apartment people again they stole my money and i never once saw an apartment .
Flag Fri Feb 28, 2014
Why would you want an apartment with bad credit?

seriously,
my suggestion is to find an apartment managed by the OWNER.
not a property management company.
when you meet him/her, explain the situation; be open and honest.
If they still won't rent to you, you probably didn't want to rent from them anyway.

Good luck and may God bless
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 9, 2011
yes try finding a private owner ,not so easy ,craigslist has no way of finding private owners
Flag Sat Dec 22, 2012
Ask and you shall receive. Seek and you shall find. Knock, and the door will be opened.
If you are totally broke, and have access to the internet, there is help available. Even the City of Chicago has funds available to prevent homelessness. Try the following, and let me know how it turns out.
1). City of Chicago call 311
Ask for short term help - to prevent homelessness.
2). CATHOLIC CHARITIES
3). Society of St Vincent de Paul.
Any of the above might help you in your time of need.
Mike
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 11, 2010
Write a letter or arrange a meeting with the landlord explaining your situation. Offer more months up front is always helpful as well.
Is this a suggestion based on knowledge or an idea?
Flag Thu Apr 3, 2014
I have a one year old eviction can I still get an apartment right now because I need one now please can you help me out. My name is Teresa
Try Pacini Property on Dakin and Pulaski he looks for evictions it is kiddy corner from blue line 1 bedroom are $780
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 22, 2012
I have bad credit and a dog. I found it very hard to find an apartment that is pet friendly and will accept me with my bad credit. I came across an ad on Craigslist for My Place Apartments. I made an appointment and with in 3 weeks the staff got me approved for an apartment and the apartment is pet friendly!! If you have patience and money saved up to move, I recommend My Place Apartments for sure!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 9, 2011
My Place Apartments sucks. Read my YELP review
Flag Mon Sep 23, 2013
that is the last place i would go they talk a lot of bull when you get there they want $400 to $500 to help you and then if you got a gov check they want to have it sent the land lord .then if it is not rental season they want you to wait 3 months.lol
Flag Sat Dec 22, 2012
How much did they charge you? My friend said they wanted $190 because she had bad credit but yet advertise big time on craigs in Chicago aas a agency who does solely that,
Flag Tue Sep 25, 2012
The best way to go is with private landlords. They're more flexible in their considerations, and the way the market is now, anyone with a job is looking like a good candidate. Bigger complexes and management companies tend to be less flexible in their criteria. If you're cruising Craigslist, look for independent owners. If you're using a locator service or independent agent, be upfront with them. Most agents know where to look for folks with less-than-perfect credit.
I would just be honest with most landlords. If you tell them your story, someone will take you on as a tenant. A place that is run by a management company probably wont bite, so look for a self managed place. Craigslist is great for these, and you can sublease places on there. Best of luck!

Matt Laricy
Americorp Real Estate
Brokers Associate, e-PRO
mlaricy@americorpre.com
708-250-2696
Even sublease ask for credit check lol
Flag Tue Sep 25, 2012
Dear Justilloldme,

I am very sorry for your difficult situation:( Given that you are student and are on limited income you may want to consider finding a roommate, there are many ads on chicago's craiglist- also a great local nonprofit called the heartland alliance can help you find immediate accomadation, until you find something more permanent. If you feel that you are ready to rent an apartment at this stage, feel free to email with your price range and credit info. best regards urv
Depends on how much can you pay? And how long you would like to stay? The more you can pay and the longer the term of your stay. Then there is more landlords will be willing to work with you. I have a deal out in the South burbs--looking to do a rent to own. If interested, drop me a line or give me a call.
Al Dobbs
addrealty@aol.com
24-365-4201
No credit, no problem. Many landlords will consider your entire story. There are many successful strategies to incorporate when applying for a rental with damaged credit.

Also, I currently have 4 rental properties available immediately in different parts of Chicago. Contact me for more information.
John do you still have property available?
Flag Thu Jan 30, 2014
john,

Not sure how old this post is. Do you still have properties available? Tony
Flag Fri Jan 24, 2014
I need a place asap. We have income of $4500 per month. Trying to fix our credit is taking anything we can save. We have bad credit, evictions I'm not sure, but we are spending money on our credit to qualify for a place to live. We are currently paying $1200 per month for a hotel. It really sucks no privacy and we have kids. We just need a place to call home can you help us? My number is 847-691-6466 or 847-348-9779 email is stachura2013@yahoo.com Would really like to find a place before I hand another $300 over to the hotel on Friday. Thanks
Flag Wed Oct 9, 2013
do you have any properties as of now for someone with bad credit?
Flag Mon Sep 23, 2013
Do you know your credit score? How much are you earning annually working part-time? Do you have student loan money? Do you have a good landlord reference? There are more factors to rentals than just your credit score! Some landlords will only look at the score and others take more things into consideration. Feel free to contact me and I will advise you in confidence. Patti McDonald - Fresh Horizon Realty - 773-604-7111 x231