How To... in Castro>Question Details

Trulia San F…, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco, CA

Whats the best way to photograph an apartment?

Asked by Trulia San Francisco, San Francisco, CA Thu Apr 18, 2013

0 votes Share Flag How To... in Castro

Answers

4
Seth Swenson, MBA’s answer
Clear it out as much as possible to create space. Then use a wide angle lens to capture that space and make your apartment look big. I also recommend using one picture of each room as opposed to several. Use a professional photographer one that is used to shooting interiors, that person will have more tips.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 18, 2013
There is much involved with setting the stage before taking the pictures. Others have attempted to address this.
-
Your question is about photographing the apartment, much differant than preparing the site.
If indeed you follow Igor's direction of 'a bright and sunny day' you best need to know how to mitigate those images with a window in them. If you don't, you end up with a big white and bright square on a black background.
-
The nature of the question suggest to me you should hire someone to take the pics. Perhaps you can invest the manual laber to set the state propertly, yourself.
-
Contrary to popular opinion, I suggest being selective with the images published. Just becuse you can submit 25 images does not mean you MUST!. Serious buyers will call. Tire kickers will ask for picttures of the closets. What you do will determine with whom you will spend your time, energy and resources.
If I were you I would do this myself. First of all - choose a nice and sunny day. Then start with the biggest premises. Make sure if the apartment is for rent - to clean out all the furniture and clean the kitchen. Bathrooms are also very important - try to capture most of it (them). Use the lights if there are shadow places.
Keep in mind - good pictures makes good impressions about the homes.
With a camera.

Joking aside, highlight the features of the complex including amenities and design. If needing shots of the actual apartment make sure to follow the golden rule of "less is more." Clear out all the clutter and try to get shots from the corners of the rooms and highlight any and all upgrades possible. Staging the rooms is a must. Keep the furniture modern, yet attractive to the type of clients that would benefit from living there.