How To... in 92264>Question Details

REO EMT, Other/Just Looking in Palm Springs, CA

REO Repair/Property Preservation work that I see is needed in my community

Asked by REO EMT, Palm Springs, CA Fri Oct 31, 2008

I have sent emails to agents about properties that I see in my community that are now bank pwned and in disrepair (personal property @curb, broken windows,etc) but the agents dont email/contact me back? I emailed the services offered by my reo repair company but no hits asking for prices? What am I doing wrong? Should I try to contact in person?, Include prices on emails?

0 votes Share Flag How To... in 92264

Help the community by answering this question:


Contact is person is always the better tactic. It is a lot harder to say "no" in person than on the telephone. Also, e-mails are often ignored or go directly to spam folders. It is unfortunate though that the agents have not returned your calls particularly since your calls relate to their listings. Disrepair and discarded personal property bring blight to neighborhoods and can cause a multitude of other problems including vandalism, loitering, etc. I would suggest that you go to the agent's office and speak to his or her broker. At that time, you can also provide the broker with your marketing materials. In-person contact starts a relationship which you can then re-vist on a monthly or quarterly basis. Good luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 31, 2008
Only REO Agents can assign you this work, but you can also consider signing up directly with the Asset Management Companies, you will need to be insured and licensed to get placed on the reo vendors list.

Good luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 26, 2011
The first answer is a really good suggestion. Pay a visit to the listing agent in person. If that doesn't help then you should contact the city to report the blighted properties. This is an unfortunate reality that we're seeing all over the country right now. Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 25, 2011
I get at least 100 emails a day I can't read all of them. I would identify the REO agents and go see them in person.I am not an REO agent but I am project manager as well. I would bet your emails are not even getting opened.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 29, 2010
Redemption laws are the number 1 reason properties suffer from neglect in our area. The banks pay big bucks to maintain their properties by qualified national providers. The problem is that until the bank has legal possesion, they can do nothing without the risk of litigation. As an REO agent, I conduct weekly occupancy inspections on properties in redemption which in our state is 6 months past the foreclosure sale. I report what I find, but there is nothing that the bank can do about the junk piled up rotting on the front porch, mowing the waist high weeds, draining the pool that is green and filled with frogs etc. When I find the property is vacant, I report it to the bank. Sometimes, the bank will notify their attorney who in our state can file to reduce the redemption to 30 days. Still, it is a legal process that we must wait for. Once legal possesion is obtained, the bank immediately sends their provider to rekey, take photos of any personal property left behind and any maint issues. An initial yard cleanup is ordered with standing bi weekly routine maintenance. This is common among the major players like Wells Fargo, Bank of America and Chase. Other bulk investors do not necessarily have national provider relationships and deed sellers often to not have such structure. If I were trying to get into the cleanup business, I would provide a niche service that is not catered to such as tree/limb removal, mold remediation, snow removal, installing tarps on roofs, etc. The key to getting awarded REO contracts is fast response/turnaround of bids within 24 hours. Consider registering with Fannie Mae as a SAM vendor.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 3, 2010
A good agent should be able to view the public records of a property and locate the current owner and/or if it is in foreclosure. Also, most of the cities in the Coachella Valley now have code enforcement officers that are requiring the owners to keep the properties in good condition.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 21, 2009
You need to contact Nationals like Safegurard Properties, American Field Services, A2Z, MCB, go on there site fill out a vendor application, if and when you get hired you will need errors and omissions and liability, and some require workmans comp. My suggestion fill out application and then call them right after that talk to the vendor manager you have to stay on top of it let them know who you are. Good Luck
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 13, 2009
Hi Emt,

REO properties are probably not going to be repaired before sale.
On the other hand in some instances if the repair is such as a condition for a sale to close then in this case they will need to be repaired. Your best bet is still to be on the roaster of the real estate agent.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 31, 2009
Try using the service below, they send out flyers to local Real Estate Agents:

Caravan Dispatch has gained the respect of the real estate community for our access to most offices in the Coachella Valley.
Our service covers pick up, or printing and distribution of flyers.
We are dedicated to excellent service, reliability and fair prices!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 4, 2008
banks sell the properties as is and don't need work done most of the time. You need to go to the REO company and offer serices such as boarding up windows.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 12, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer