How To... in Redondo Beach>Question Details

Shaun Anders…, Real Estate Pro in Rancho Palos Verdes,...

Need some advice on affordable affective marketing

Asked by Shaun Anderson, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA Sat Jan 9, 2010

To my California Agents, have you been able to obtain good prospects on this site. Please explain and advice about how you get good leeds, if you don't mine to share. Thanks

Answers

8
Dan, to answer your question - I can't imagine an agent not asking someone how they found them. That way you know what's working, and what's not working.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 9, 2010
Hi Shaun

I have actually gotten a few leads from Trulia - 2 agents in my office already closed 2 deals from leads here.
Currently, I am working on a cma for 1 person, and helping someone from out of the country "look" for homes in my area.
Last month, I made an offer on a home for a buyer who contacted me after I responded to his question here. Unfortunatley, he was outbid, and didn't get the home.
I am also working with a buyer currently looking for a home - am taking him out tomorrow, in fact.

So, yes.....this site does offer some potential business opportunities.

While the exposure is great...the best part for me is learning about how real estate is conducted all over the country.................. exchanging ideas with other agents.....................and helping consumers by answering their questions............if the end result is a new client or a referral........that's a nice bonus, but not the driving force!

Good luck, Shaun............in my opinion, time spend here is time well spent!

Debbie Rose
Prudential NJ Properties
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 9, 2010
I havent generated any leads off trulia but i do not do it for the leads, I do it for my website exposure. You can get leads off of here if you have the listings but as far as meeting potential clients in blogs has proven to not be so effective. Most of the people on here asking questions are already working with an agent. the great thing about trulia and site like it is the exposure my name get and my website, if you type anything about my website or my name in google, i have tons of information and blogs all out there pointing to me and my website. Hope this information was helpful.

John & Sarena Villaescusa
Owner/Realtor/Broker
Email: Johnv@kw.com
Website: http://www.VGroupHomes.com
Web Reference: http://www.VGroupHomes.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 9, 2010
Hi Shaun,

Cathy again-

See below for the result of a search on ActiveRain for "affordable effective marketing":

http://activerain.com/search?cx=016483636732923014967%3Ajjjq…

You should have enough to read and learn until the end of winter :)
Shaun,

Trulia is like everything else in terms of finding clients and getting potential leads. You have to continually work on it and answer questions, post listings etc. There are definitely buyers and seller out there that will find you on Trulia or any other real estate website but only if work at it.
Well, don't write without a good style- and spell-checker. For example, "affective" should be, "effective;" "leeds," should be, "leads." And, "mine to share" would read better as, "mind sharing."

Anyway, you should sell your strengths in public, and work on improving the other stuff in private. What are YOU particularly good at? If you're a good people person, then you should be out meeting people, telling them you're in real estate, telling them why they should be telling people about you!

The most successful real estate agents I know? Well, some of them blog, but all of them go out and meet people face-to-face.
Do you like to write blogs?
Do you think you would enjoy answering all types of questions?
Do you have at least 5 hours a week to allocate on Trulia?
Do you understand this is a rather longer term marketing and it might take months before you get any business?

If you are looking to generate quickly a consistent flow of leads you might want to look at a different marketing/lead generation system.
If you do not specifically ask your clients how they find you they may not mention that they found you on trulia (or any place else) they just found you.

I have looked at some realtors on here, then gone to their website. If I were to send an email from their own website how would they know I found them in trulia?

Just another factor to consider.