How To... in Staten Island>Question Details

Julie Leone, Home Buyer in Staten Island, NY

My question is I purchased a home In staten island approx.4 yrs ago,because of my credit the mortage is under

Asked by Julie Leone, Staten Island, NY Tue Aug 5, 2008

my son's name, and the deed is under my husband and I. Is it possible I change the name on the mortgage without refinancing? My credit is since better. My mortgage payments are all on time. Thank you for your time. Mrs J. leone

Help the community by answering this question:


It's probebly no possible unless the mortgage is assumable, which usualy it's not. But you can refinance for the loan amount. Just make sure the home value is there. If you'd like to have an opinion of your home's value please don't hasitate to contact me. Good Luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 9, 2008
Julie. Is not posible to change a name on a mortgage statement without refinancing ,unfortunately that is the only way. My name is Roberto Vargas.
718-698-2179 office
718-909-94-30 cell
646-229-3528 Jose Vargas Broker
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 7, 2008
I believe it's possible if you have an assumable mortgage. Read thru the document and see. It just might work out for you. Hope it does! Congrats on staying on track and building your credit.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 5, 2008
I don't believe that is possible, but it is better if you ask what can be done in this instance from a mortgage broker. If you need a recommendation of someone to speak to, contct me off line at
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 5, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer