How To... in Kirkland>Question Details

Julie Arguez, Home Buyer in Kirkland, WA

My husband and I are thinking about leasing in an Eastside community.

Asked by Julie Arguez, Kirkland, WA Tue Sep 2, 2008

How early should we start looking for a home to rent? I assume most owners don't list their properties til they are vacant and want to fill them right away.

Answers

3
The best sources out there for properties to rent is craigslist and hotpads. All my rentals have gotten calls from those two sites predominantly. My recommendation to homeowners is to have it up for rent about 30 days before they move out. That way there is no gap. So... to answer your question on you should start looking....no later than a month from when you need to move in!

Speaking of which, I'm bringing on a rental place in bellevue this week. What kind of place are you looking for?
Julie
I agree with James and no later than 30 to 45 days before you need to move as landlord want to do
credit and reference checks.
Mary
Julie,

I agree with James on his comments. You will want to start looking at least 30 days before you move. I recommend actually shopping around before that if it is not too late for you. I would start looking 45 days out to make sure I have enough time to find a good home with a decent rental. If you wait to late you may feel pressured to take whatever you can find and then have to pay more because you had to take something right away.

I hope this information has helped in some way.

I agree that Craigslist is a great place to start.

Best Wishes,
Bryan Lovell
Web Reference: http://www.homelantern.com