How To... in Miami>Question Details

Angel Calzad…, Real Estate Pro in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Is texting the most proper way to ask for showing instructions even when it is the dayly bread of communication for most people?

Asked by Angel Calzadilla, Fort Lauderdale, FL Fri Feb 24, 2012

3 votes Share Flag How To... in Miami

Answers

9
Carlos Escamilla (305)240-6896’s answer
Well it is not the most proper way to do it,
but since it is informal and easier to get the information I'm agree with that as a showing agent.
But as a listing agent I rather to use showing assist or phone call and take notes. less work and notes all the way around.

if they do not reply back to you txt, it is a red flag to deal with this person.
Web Reference: http://www.soldbuyrent.com
I have always been a firm believer that spoken word is the only true form of communication. There are so many subtleties in a persons voice and inflection that if responded to properly will allow for greater rapport.
Call, email, text or Facebook - all are acceptable in today's wired world. If someone takes offense to your method of communication, they will let you know. If the broker has a showing service, that is the method I use, I get automatic confirmations, showing details, and I can easily click on a link and provide meaningful feedback. Recently, I completed a deal with another agent who does not use email ... I must say, it was one of the least efficient uses of my time, faxing and meeting him at the office with hard copies.
Angel, it all depends what the listing agent asks for. If they specifically ask for a text, then that's what I send them. But if they fail to specify, my inclination is: Showing Assist, phone call, or email (particularly if it is after 9 and I'm trying to arrange a showing for the next day.).
Well Angel,

I think the best and most proper way is via Show request so , this way you have a report to show to your sellers and all showing are recorded.

Texting is very common these days.. As for when I request an appointment I follow the instructions given on the listing. If is says call agent I call but, if the agent does not return my call I will text them..
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 27, 2012
There is no way of knowing if an agent is a 'texter' or not. Normally I try email/phone first but then once I have a relationship with an agent and I know if he/she is a texter, I would use text.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 24, 2012
If you do not use the MLS showing request, texting is the most valuable way (if you are not driving ;-).
But I definately prefer the first request through MLS.
I try to never go to a showing without a txt re-confirmation, too often people are late or just careless
and if you have to drive for 1/2h and a no-show happens, its frustrating for everybody... Answer YES
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 24, 2012
Absolutely use texting! Realtors are busy and the listing Realtors that don't take advantage of an appointment desk (It's inexpensive) should be offered the courtesy of having a text sent to arrange a showing. In most cases there is no need to "talk" to a Realtor "before" you show. This is especially true for REO listings. Of course if you have questions about a Short Sale then it may be okay to call the listing agent but also send an email so it will be crystal clear what information you are seeking. Especially do not irritate a Short Sale listing agent because she/he may try to convince the Seller to go with another offer from a "nicer" Realtor!

Our MLS has a great ShowingTime button that a Realtor can simply "Click" to arrange a showing and it can send a text to alert the owner occupant, too.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 24, 2012
Text, Email, Phone Call, Fax, Carrier Pidgeon, etc.
Some folk prefer what is better, easier, convenient or practical.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 24, 2012