How To... in 92869>Question Details

Tony Vega, Both Buyer and Seller in Irvine, CA

Im just now looking to sign a lease for my business. Do I need to get a license and permit before I lease 1?

Asked by Tony Vega, Irvine, CA Wed Nov 19, 2008

What if I sign a lease and the city turns me down for permits? How does that work exactly? Thanks

0 votes Share Flag How To... in 92869

Answers

3
Harrison K. Long’s answer
Tony ... I believe that you should be leasing a property for your business only after you have created a written and viable business plan. That plan would include timing and method for getting the business license. And consult with somebody experienced in the nature of your business and discuss whether your business plan is reasonable, that your license will help you, that you will have work comp insurance to cover employees, and whether the assets and product of your business will be insurable. Then you would consider leasing a business premises.

Harrison K. Long, Realtor agent and broker, Coldwell Banker Previews, Irvine, CA.
Also a lawyer licensed by the California state bar for many years.
You can make the lease or the property to be contingent on your business permit, and also you may be able to negotiate a moratorium on your lease payments until your permit is approved, then you can also go ahead and call the city and inquire the requirements for obtaining a permit for your type of work. If you have further questions, call me at 714-264-5890 or email me at Jessmend@yahoo.com
Web Reference: http://www.TheOcmls.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 30, 2008
What is your business, and what city are you going to lease in?