How To... in Wilmette>Question Details

R, Other/Just Looking in Evanston, IL

If I wanted to rent a house in the New Trier district, what's the best way to find it?

Asked by R, Evanston, IL Sun Mar 15, 2009

We're going to have to rent (1yr, 2yr?) for while now that we're getting settled here in a new job. We prefer a house since we have a couple of older dogs. Our target location is the southern part of the New Trier district. Are we stuck with looking for house rentals on Craigslist?

Answers

5
Did you find a place? We just had renters move out now that their home was completed (Avail May 15) 3 bed ranch in Wilmette.
1. Pioneer Press classified ads. Get a copy of any North Shore group Pioneer Press paper.
2. Craigslist.
3. MLS listings through a Realtor.

By southern part of New Trier district I assume you're thinking of Wilmette. You can also drive around neighborhoods that interest you and look for FOR RENT signs. They're out there.

A Realtor can be a great help and, in the Chicago area, the landlord pays the broker fee. That's not the case in other parts of the country.
Web Reference: http://yochicago.com
I would contact a Realtor that works the New Trier District. They are the market experts, know many people that are looking to rent, some times not in the mls. Check out a Realtor
R,
There are 7 towns in the New Trier HS District. I work out of an office in Winnetka and would be happy to send you a list of available rentals.
R-

No, you are not stuck looking for rentals on Craistlist. You can call a local Realtor. We are able to search for rentals by school district from our MLS. The agent will be able to provide you with interior photos, length of lease, if pets are allowed, etc..

I hope this helps!