How To... in Clearwater>Question Details

Bbcake69, Renter in Detroit, MI

I want to relocate to Clearwater,FL with my husband and two children. I am looking for a place, job everything I currently live in Michigan and the

Asked by Bbcake69, Detroit, MI Sun Jul 18, 2010

economy is so bad that i work two jobs and still barely can pay my bills. Can any one help?

Answers

7
Bbcake69,
It is very difficult to purchase a home without the ability to qualify for a mortgage. Although not effected as significantly as Michigan, Florida has an unemployment rate above the national average. This means if you are looking for hourly employment, there is a real challenge unless you have very specific and marketable skills.

Regardless of one's location, if they are willing to make the commitment to make money on their own terms, there is always opportunity. If you believe...really believe this is the season for new beginnings in your life ask yourself the following questions:
1. What consistent problems and challenges are lots people having for which I have the answer?
2. Have you helped others solve problems with their health, relationships or money?
If you can answer yes to both of these questions, you can start your new life right there and come to Clearwater when it suits you. There are no easy answers, quick fixes or found money. It seems you are willing to make big changes. That is good. Now lets focus those changes to create a more independent way of life. When you are ready to know more, drop me a note to MAIGroup1Leso@gmail.com with MAI in the subject line.
Best of Luck, and if you do choose to come to Clearwater, You"ll LOVE IT!
Annette Lawrence
ReMax Realtec
727.420.4041
Web Reference: http://www.MyDunedin.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 19, 2010
I am from Lansing MI and moved here 18 years ago. I would never move back. Come on down you will not regret it. Plenty of homes for sale and at record prices.....
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 19, 2010
Tampabay Journal has all the companys all the CEOs all the industries in this area..if you relo with the same type job and buy a house as you move in one swoop you won't miss a beat. Get a job in another industry and you will have to season---your move a while.
Web Reference: http://KarenYoungHomes.com
Bbcake69,

New beginnings are always excititing and as you can see from all the previous comments it take lots of planning. First and foremost is job hunting. You can't qualify for a mortgage until you have steady income. Are either you or your husband's jobs' transferable? http://pinellascountyjobs.org/ or http://www.job-search-engine.com/location/florida/pinellas-c… are two good sites to check out.

It's never too early to start learning about the communities to start seeing which areas you may be interested in and finding a reasonable commuting distance from where you would be working. I have a free service called “Listingbook”, which I provide for my clients. It is like a back door into the MLS which updates daily: new listings, price changes, solds & with-drawns, allowing you to really be able to follow and learn the market. I set up a basic search according to your guidelines. Once you are in, you can change the parameters as you need. If this is something you would be interested in let me know & I would be glad to set up your free Listingbook Account.

Once you move here, I also have a free automated service called CITY (Curbside Info to You) available 24/7. I will issue you a number you can call in on ANY sign and it reads the MLS information to you from the street address for all ACTIVE lisings in the MLS. If this would be helpful we'll set it up when you get here.

I feel an informed client makes the best decisions regarding their real estate needs. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Pam Cohn
Broker Associate, GRI, SFR, CDM
Real Estate Consulting, Marketing & Sales
Prudential Tropical Realty
2539 Countryside Blvd #3 Clearwater, FL 33761
pcohn@prutropical.com
727-204-7155
hmmm...Detroit/Clearwater?!? Come on down - lotsa folks here FROM Detroit!

If you;d like to do some research, check my website--lots of local info there, and on my blog, which you can access from the website, as well as sign up for a free Listingbook account, which has additional neighborhood and community information.

Unemployyment may be high here, but I dunno--seems like I'd rather be underemployed a couple of miles from the beach...
How exciting to be relocating to our beautiful Clearwater area! We are happy to help you with information about our area. Just let us know what you are looking for, job included, and we will get you all the information you need to help make your decision!

Gene & Susan Senger
727-781-0917
ssenger@tampabay.rr.com
BB,
I'm delighted to hear you're interested in living in Florida. However, I would advise you to do some research about the area before you make a move.

Florida, like Michigan, has been hit very hard by unemployment, and many counties in Florida have unemployment rates above the national average. One of the reasons for this is that a large part of the Florida economy is based on tourism and development, both of which have been down since the real estate "boom" ended several years ago.

I, too, know people who are working two, and even three, jobs, so my advice would be to find a Realtor to work with in the Clearwater area who can provide you with job information as well as housing information. Good luck.

Warm regards,
Maggie Hawk, REALTOR
(386) 314-1149
Watson Realty Corp.