Girlblacklab, Home Buyer in Escondido, CA

I saw some properties appear as sold on Trulia, at deep discount from the listing prices. How do I find one the agents who made those great deals?

Asked by Girlblacklab, Escondido, CA Tue Jan 10, 2012

Some of the sold prices were half of the listing price... I would like to find one such buyer's agent. If you have any idea how I can find out who sold these properties with addresses, I would appreciate you sharing it.

Answers

7
Scrutinize the data, off market doesnt mean sold, and sheriff auction sales are not counted here. Trulia allows realtytrac to post starting bid numbers and with auction web sites, banks can choose not accept the highest bidder. Anything really nice that is priced right will sell fast for asking price.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 11, 2012
Girl,
There is not magic to acquiring home as such great prices. You, however, must be properly prepared to participate in such a market. That means, no contingencies, no financing.

Your expectation also plays a role. 60 cents on the dollar means a solid house but UGLY!
80 cents on the dollar means dirty and stinky and needing cosmetics.

Finally, you will need to have an arrangement that assures you will stay in the game. Finding a agent who will turn over the rocks to find these deals ONLY occurs if they are assured you will stick with the until you buy a house. Read that line again. Be fully aware, any agent doing any business at all already has buyers lined up to purchase these properties because THEY KNOW THEY WILL BUY. Give your agent this assurance and just watch what they can dig up in one morning of phone calls. By the way, these home are rarely, nearly never seen in the MLS or ANY of the other places you are looking.

If you walked into my office and defined the type of home you are looking for, the purpose for your purchase, the situation you are looking for, and show the ability to purchase, I, or my bird dogs, will find you a home, If you don't make an offer, my other buyers will buy the home before the sun sets. This is how competitive the market is. Your name however, drops to the end of the notification list.

These values are out there. Now is the time to get your money in play.
Best of success in finding your great value home.
Annette Lawrence
Broker/associate
ReMax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727. 420. 4041
Web Reference: http://www.MyDunedin.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 11, 2012
You are drawing conclusions without knowing all the facts. How do you know these were good buys? Maybe they were overpriced to start with. You are also looking for stars to hitch your wagon to. True, not all agents are equally capable, but none of us are miracle workers.
I don't know of any "magic" agent out there that can get a home buyer a home for 50% off the list price. A cash offer with no contingencies (inspections...etc) may give you better negotiation power but the offer terms are up to you, the buyer, not the agent.

It is possible that the property that was originally listed for $100,000 will sell for $50,000 but that is typically after a series of price reductions. ($100,000, $90,000, $80,000, $70,000, and at $60,000 they accept $50,000).

As one of the other agents mentioned, the data on some of these websites is not accurate. You need an agent to look at the history and condition of the property and guide you accordingly.

Joe Finnerty
484-241-1641
joefinnerty@pattwhite.com
Prudential Patt White Real Estate
Lehigh Valley, PA
610-865-0033
I don't think there is an agent is so good that he can help you buy a house for 50 cents on the dollar unless there is something seriously wrong with the house or the data is inaccurate.
Do some research.
Good Luck.
Let me know which properties you are referring to and I will let you know if the data you are seeing is accurate. Zillow, Trulia and other websites have big issues with quality control and information. What you are most likely seeing may be bad information and sometimes meant to decieve.....
Web Reference: http://www.noviproperty.com
Hi black lab mom,
there are a lot of deals out there right now....a lot of which are either short sales or foreclosures. It usually takes a lot of offers and a lot of waiting to make a good deal like that happen but if you have the time it can be worth it. Are there specific addresses you are thinking of where you saw a drastic difference in list vs sales price? Let me know and I can look further into them for you and give you the scoop. Feel free to browse the MLS on my website so you can see everything available in the area/s that you are interested in. http://www.KaraWatkins.com

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Kara
kara@karawatkins.com
619-708-8276
Web Reference: http://www.KaraWatkins.com