How To... in Orlando>Question Details

Mendi, Home Owner in Orlando, FL

I need to get the blueprints of my home I currently own. Where do I go to get this blueprint?

Asked by Mendi, Orlando, FL Tue Oct 25, 2011

Answers

6
In addition to what others have said, if you don't know who built your home, you can look at the county records to find out the name of the original builder and contact them to see if they still have a copy for you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 26, 2011
Building department is your best bet to start....for a number of reasons including the fact that they would have been the approved plans for the house. Any other set may have been an unapproved version.

May I ask what you need them for? You would still need to file new plans if you were renovating components of the home.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 25, 2011
Do you know who the builder was, that is your fastest route.

If you don't then try your county's buildng department or look into public property taxes record to find out which builder owned the land, then contact the builder.

Tony Vega
Charles Rutenberg Realty
Try your local building office department or the builder!!!

Mike Wald
http://www.BestFloridaRealty.com
Skype: W.A.M.International
Phones:

U.S.A.: Miami: +1 786 277-7744
Orlando: +1 407 965-2928

Brazil: São Paulo: 11 3042-7592
If you have a new construction home the builder may have them still. If not you will likely have to hire an architect to redo them. There are likely a set somewhere, it's just finding them.
Try your local building department. I am sure plans had to be submitted when the house was built, and, depending on the age of the home, they may still be on file.