How To... in Las Vegas>Question Details

Debbie, Home Owner in Las Vegas, NV

I need to find the who holds the mortgage on a piece of property in Las Vegas, NV. Thank you

Asked by Debbie, Las Vegas, NV Mon Oct 17, 2011

The house next door to me is vacant and in foreclosure. A while ago, the landscaper told me he was hired by the bank. Saturday he was using some hedging tool in a rock flower bed and rocks were hitting my house and windows. I went and told him and he not only stopped, he left immediately, which was strange as he never cut the grass or did anything else. I believe he saw the hole in the window as from his vantage point, it was obvious he broke the window. I didn't notice until a few hours later. I want to get in touch with the bank who hired them to make him replace the window. Thank you

Help the community by answering this question:


You need to file a police report first, and have pictures taken of the damage. Otherwise, he will deny it and you have no proof.

David Cooper
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 17, 2011
Go look at the house. There should be a notice taped to a door or in a window stating who the asset management company is and a phone #. They'll be the ones who hired the landscaper.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 17, 2011
Hello Debbie,

All this info is public information and can be obtained at the Recorder's office. I can assist you with this if you need it. I can be reached at 702-318-1244 or


Nakia Woodson
Red Carpet Las Vegas REALTORS
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 17, 2011
Hi Debbie,

It's a shame this happened to you and the landscaper didn't accept responsibility for any damange.

Unless there is a posting on the property door or window, finding out who the property preservation company maintaining the property could prove to be challenging. If there is an association in your community, checking with them could help.

Although having the landscaper pay for your broken window could be the just and right thing, it will probably be much simpler and convenient to contact your home owners insurance company.

Do I think the landscaper should pay for it? Yes. Do I think that's going to happen? Probably not or not without a huge amount of effort and time on your part.

Good luck!

Marie Sestile, CDPE, REALTOR
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 17, 2011
Hi Debbie,

If you have an HOA, try calling them.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 17, 2011
Debbie the house should be posted with a contact for the bank, presrvation company or listing agent. You can check the tax card to see if it is updated or will have to search the deed to find out who the bank was. The problem you may find is the bank often assigns the home to an asset management company who is responsible for maintaining and selling the home, they are the best people to talk to, you may get the run around with the bank as unless you are talking to the right dept in the right state, they may not have access or know anything. if there is no notice on the home, tape your own notice to the door. Good luck with working things out
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 17, 2011
County records will show the owner on title!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 17, 2011
Please send me email with the address of the property and I'll find out. Leave me your phone number also so that I could call you with my findings.

Yulia Shmatkova, MSBA, CDPE
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 17, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer