How To... in Greenwich>Question Details

Nala, Home Owner in Long Beach, CA

I got my property rented and my agent and I agreed her commission is 2%. She did some additional fees of $200.00 being a listing agent.?

Asked by Nala, Long Beach, CA Fri Dec 10, 2010

2% of the years rent only if the tenant did not have an agent. Why did my agent impose an additional fee of $200.00 ? She said the 200 is based on the mls. Thank You for answering.

Answers

3
Lisa Jones’ answer
Hi Nala,
It is difficult to comment without seeing the actual contract, lease agreement and Brokerage Bill. The answers to what you are legally responsible for paying are found in your written lease listing agreement. Look for the commission language and read through the fine print for any notations regarding marketing & MLS fees. I am sure your agent/Brokerage will keep to the letter of the contract!
Hope this helps!
Lisa Jones
Realtor, GREEN, CIPS
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 10, 2010
Read your agreement carefully. You may have misunderstood what she said originally. Usually there is a commission amount for the listing agent and a commission amount for the selling agent. While I don't exactly know what this fee may be for without reading your agreement, I believe it is likely disclosed in the document you signed when you agreed to list with her.
You really should ask your agent the question again for clarification--if the chat proves to be unsatisfactory, contact the broker owner and or office manager of the realty office and explain your concerns.