How To... in Hudson>Question Details

Laddie, Home Buyer in Hudson, NH

I am looking for a very small partial of land on Robinsons Pond in Hudson NH. What is the best resource for a posting that I am looking for land.?

Asked by Laddie, Hudson, NH Tue Nov 17, 2009

Realtors are of no help and wont even investigate. Newspaper????

0 votes Share Flag How To... in Hudson

Answers

5
Hi Laddie
I just did some checking in our MLS system for you and found that there are no active LAND parcels adjacent to Robinson's Pond in Hudson. A number of years ago, there was a 1.5 acre available (not sure if that's the size you are seeking or not) along Parker Drive. Perhaps this parcel may be available (though not currently listed on MLS) if the owner is interested in selling.

You could try a newspaper ad. You could walk down all the streets that have property that abuts the pond, or you could go into town hall, and start pulling land-owner information and contacting the various property owners. Time consuming, yes. These are all things that a real estate agent might do to find suitable property for you.

You say in your posting that Realtors are no help, and I have to wonder why you feel this way. What type of arrangement have you tried to make with a local Realtor? The only way that an Agent can work strictly on a client's behalf is for both parties to sign a Buyer's Agency Agreement, which would spell out the terms and conditions, and most importantly allow that agent to work on a client's behalf (researching, contacting property owners, etc). It would also prevent that client from making an arrangement with a property owner and cut out the agent of a rightfully earned commission. Perhaps a "Fee for Services Rendered" would be more attractive for all parties, instead of the more traditional "Commission at Closing". While most agents try to be as helpful as possible, the fact is that we are attempting to earn a living by providing a service...
Web Reference: http://www.SNHhome.com
Hi there, Laddie. I know this may sound very bold, but seeing as there is no land publicly being sold in that particular area, you could find out for yourself who owns what and contact them personally.
There is an old saying that everything is for sale, for the right price.
You can certainly check out http://hudsonnh.patriotproperties.com/default.asp and find which address it is you like, contact the owner directly. They may have no idea that someone would be interested in purchasing a small amount of their land. They may say no and hang up. You really just never know, until you find out!
That is a very nice part of town, good luck to you!

Cheryl Cummings
Prudential Verani
Nashua, NH
603-521-4275
Hi Laddie

My husband and I will be placing some land that we own for sale soon. It is in Franklin NH on the Pemigiwassit River. It is truly a paradise lost! The property is about 40 minutes North of Manchester, NH.

There are no buildings on the other side of the river because that is where the city wells are so it is extremely private. Unlike the big lakes, there are very few boats or jet skis. But you can have all sorts of boats and jet skis if you want. There is plenty of water to have fun on. Sometimes you just see a small fishing boat or canoe go by. The land consists of 5 total separate parcels. Two of the parcels are riverfront with 200 feet of frontage. There is a brook on one side of the property as well. The river is very wide and approximately 25 feet deep in the middle, about 40 feet at the dam and the property is located between two dams and is about 1 mile long. The water is constantly be changed with water from above the dam which comes down from the mountains so it is extremely clean water. Fishing is great!! The State of NH Fish and Game starting stocking the river about 5 years ago with Salmon. There is trout and bass in the river as well.

There are a few more camps and campers in this very private development. We use this property seasonaly but there is one couple who stays all year round. The road to get to the property is private and there is also a private beach for just owners of property.

We have a 35 foot camper on the property and installed a 3 bedroom septic system just before they changed the shorline laws in 2008! There is a well, electricity with perimeter lights, nice firepit with 2ft x 2ft tiles all away around. The best thing of all is the million dollar view from the 25ft x 16 ft. raised deck!

My husband and I looked for waterfront property for 7 years before we found this land in 1998! We brought our son up on this property and we have some friends who also have property there and they are great people!

We are selling this property to begin investing in midwest property for retirement.

We are going to be pricing this piece of paradise at $225,000 Taxes are about $1,900 a year for all 5 parcels. If you build on it, taxes would go up of course. I guarantee this will be a once in a lifetime opportunity to own a great waterfront property like this for someone.

If you have any further interest, give my husband Marc a call at 603 540-1399 Both my husband and I are Realtors with our company Transitions Realty in Amherst, NH

-Darlene
Hello Laddie- I belong to the NH Real Estate Investors Association, and may people in this group know of places and lots for sale- some not listed, etc. If you'd like to contact me and give me more details of what you are looking for, I'd be happy to post something for you in our online forums, etc.
Maybe that will help.
Thanks and good luck,

Ken L.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 6, 2009
Hi Laddie

Post on ad on Craig's List NH.
When we look for land (and we are in the real estate industry as builders) we hire a buyer's agent to represent out interests. Also they are not limited to what is in the MLS. A good agent will go to the town, reference the tax maps, get a list of lots, and contact the owners. Hope this helps.