How To... in Fresno>Question Details

Maryjai, Real Estate Pro in Fresno, CA

I am currently studying for my license. Looking for training. Which company offers mentorship or the like in Fresno, Ca?

Asked by Maryjai, Fresno, CA Fri Jan 8, 2010

0 votes Share Flag How To... in Fresno

Answers

10
Congratulations on your new journey. I think you will find it to be very rewarding.

I have been in Real Estate since 2004. I started my career in the foothills and Sierra Nevada Mountains and made my way down to Fresno. When choosing a new office to work with, I chose London Properties for a variety of reasons. First, the training they offer is great. They have a monthly schedule of FREE classes, all of which are designed to help you succeed. They also have a mentorship program, which is great for new agents. The people that work for London are the wonderful. Everyone is very helpful and the environment is a great one to work in. They also have a great relocation department.

There are many benefits to working for London Properties, however, you really need to come in and see for yourself. Do your research and choose what will work best for you. I think if you come in and talk to Barbara Martin, you will be very pleased.

I hope to have the pleasure of working with you soon!

Leslie
Maryjai,

You are about to embark on a wonderful journey in your new career path. You are very astute in realizing that studying for your license is not sufficient in order to become a successful Realtor. There are two things that you want to keep in mind when selecting the right Broker, You have identified the first, which is education and career development support. The other is the Broker'sbusiness model. There are bascially three business models. The corporate national chains (Coldwell Banker, ERA, Century 21, etc) and then there are the local "Boutique" Brokers. Those are the brokers who might have 1-30 office in a smaller geographical location (Intero, Alain Pinel, etc). Both of these models are what we call "Broker centric". In other words, you don;t hold any stake in the company profits and the only income you will earn is your commission from the transactions your procure.

There is a third business model that you might want to consider. It's an "Agent centric" business model where the agent shares in the profits with the Broker. The company is Keller Williams Realty. I'll attach a link for you to learn more, but basically KW is a hybrid of the two previously mentioned business models. They have offices all over the world AND they share the profits with the individual agents. It took me 4 years of consideration before I made the move a year and a half ago. My regret is that I didn't make the move sooner.

I can make arrangement s to have the local KW Broker give you a call. Let me know if I can help.

Jessica Dodge
Keller Williams Realty/Silicon Valley
jdodge@kwsv.com
408-838-1480
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 9, 2010
Congratualtions on your choice to join a wonderful career. You first need to think of 2 things. First what type of real estate do you want to practice, do you want to work with just buyers, do you want to concentrat on getting listings and working with sellers or a mix of all 3. Then what town or city do you want to work in. Lastly do you want a big office, a franchise/national chain, a medium office or a small office. I would meet with someone from all 3 so you can see the difference. The larger firms may have more traing, but more competition in more agents competing for the same calls that come into the office, You want to make sure you ask what type of desk you receive, are there any fees, what do you get... a computer, office supplies, business card, letter head, envelope and what type of advertising do they pay for and what do you have to pay for. as well as use of copy machine, fax and conference room . and importantly how much do they pay you, what is their commission split, and do they take any of your commission for fees. most common is teh agent gets 50% to 60% some pay more but you pay all the fees. good luck in your search.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 9, 2010
Maryjai,

Congrat's and the best of luck!

I would first choose the area you want to work in. Many Broker's claim training, mentor's (you have to split commission's with these), etc.

2nd - I would go into the offices and talk with other agents and then interview the Broker. YOU do the interviewing because it's YOUR commission split/percentage that will be paying their salary.

If you like the "office" and agents you've talked with, hang your license there. The majority of agents in a "good" office are extremely helpful with newer agents. (My office anyway).

Also, check what "FREE" training is going on at your local Association. Continuing education is a must!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 9, 2010
The best training I have received is from Prudential California Realty in Fresno. There is exceptional software system, website, weekly training, a mentor to help you through the first 4 sales. We also have an excellent customer management platform so you can help you with customers for life. We also help the agents here with internal referrals. Please consider coming here to talk to us.

Sandi Fox
Prudential California Realty
559-281-5022
Hello Maryjai. Your question is very intelligent and insightful. It is truly important that you do get proper training, as it could lead to some sticky legal situations. As we all know, our "book training" only does so much!! It is also important to me as a fellow agent, as there are far too many unethical R E agents who give us all a bad name. If you are trained correctly it also is a help for the agent on the other side of the transaction, and makes it tend to go much smoother. The advice you have received from the previous answers are very infomative - I did not know that info about Keller-Williams. However, in my 10 years of having my license, I have only had the privelege of dealing with London Properties in Fresno. It was the other agents first transaction, and it was getting very close to foreclosure time for the seller. With the help of his brokers/mentors, the sale went as smooth as possible in that situation. I can only imagine what difficulties I may have had without their guidance. It may be a great place to start and gain the experience and knowledge - it doesn't mean you have to stay (although you may want to). I know they are well known and respected in the area, and have plenty of exposure. If you'd like to talk, email me at sharoninfow_u@yahoo.com and we can see where you may need to start.
Hi there! Check out http://www.TheShortSaleGuide.com for short sale training and resources for Realtors!
Thank you, Catherine. Yes, the training is incredible!
Web Reference: http://www.thedodgeteam.com
In addition of what Jessica explained Keller Williams also offer an incredible amount of training.
I work with London Properties and so far the experience has been very positive. Our Brokers understand that the agents are the ones that sell and work very hard to help us sell. Everyone interaction I've had with other agents in the office has been positive, and all are very helpful answering questions. We have educational classes happening monthly. We also have a very good marketing team that can make just about any marketing material you can imagine. I would definetly give Babara Martin a call @ 559-436-4080 , she can help you out with any questions you have.
Hope that helps
Mark Overholtzer